Here were our questions from a virtual Stump! based trivia game we played January 14 – all teams except one missed the final about high-earning TV performers (most of whom seem to be former movie stars). Special thanks to San Francisco host A.J. for providing the questions since I could not copy them over (it’s a Zoom setting the hosts can turn on or off, apparently):
1) Duets – What is the only song by Sonny & Cher that hit #1 on the Billboard Hot 100?
2) Lawsuits – In 2001, Casey Martin successfully sued the PGA under the Americans with Disabilities Act in order to allow him to use what during competition?
3) Canada – Victoria is the capital city of which Canadian province, where the most populous city is Vancouver? NERD POINT: Name either of the next two most populous cities in this province.
4) TV Characters – Barbara Eden stars as the title character, a woman with magical powers, on all five seasons of what TV series that premiered in 1965?
Mystery Category: Crossword – Answer based on the crossword-style clue given. The FIRST letter of each answer is the SECOND letter of the following answer. For example: If the first answer is “Stump,” then “S” would be the second letter of the second answer, and so on.
M1. (8 letters) Spotted power-up item in the Mario franchise
M2. (7 letters) A strong feeling, such as love or anger
M3. (9 letters) A social gathering, such as after a wedding
M4. (4 letters) Latin for “bear”
5) Video Games – Red, Chuck, the Blues, Bomb, Matilda, Stella, Hal, Terence, and Bubbles are the attacking characters in what video game, originally released in 2009?
6) What insect is divided into three ecological groups: dampwood, drywood, and subterranean?
7) Insects – What coffee drink, with a name from the Italian meaning “milk,” is made with espresso and steamed milk?
8) ’90s Movies – What 1999 found footage horror film is about three student filmmakers who enter the woods in Maryland to document a local legend that supposedly lives there?
Mystery Two – Visual
Final Category – TV Performers
According to therichest.com, there are six performers making at least $1 million per episode of a TV series as of 2021, which is more than Ellen Pompeo on Grey’s Anatomy and Mariska Hargitay on Law & Order: SVU. Name one of those six performers.
We incorrectly guessed Kevin Costner (though seriously he is worth that much money)!
As always, Go Pods, and stay classy, Beth Dutton!
One thought on “Trivia Recap – Game #627 – January 14, 2022 – Virtual Stump! Format”
i got you babe, golf cart, british columbia/surrey/barnaby, i dream of jeannie
angry birds, termites, latte, blair witch project
1d, 2b, 3a, 4c