Here were our questions from a recent virtual Stump! trivia game:
1) Food – What company that specializes in plant-based meat substitutes launched its signature product in 2016, with Burger King utilizing its patty for a version of the Whopper introduced in 2019?
2) Elements – What element on the periodic table is the only one with the letter “X” in its chemical symbol?
3) Europe – What Nordic country has a coastline on a gulf that shares its name and on the Gulf of Bothnia, both of which are part of the Baltic Sea?
4) Supreme Court – The named plaintiff in the 2010 Supreme Court case Citizens United v. FEC is an organization that desired to air a film critical of what presidential candidate? Miss.
Give the English name of the Greek letter(s) that begins with the given letter.
For example, if given the letter “A,” you would answer “Alpha.”
M2) “P” (Name two of three)
M3) “T” (Name both)
1) Soccer – What European country lost the FIFA World Cup final in 1974, 1978, and 2010, and the FIFA Women’s World Cup final in 2019?
2) TV Actresses – Name one of the two actresses heard speaking in the following clip, a deleted scene from Arrested Development.
NERD POINT: Name both.
Missed the nerd bonus.
3) Albums – What rapper released her fourth studio album, Queen, in 2018, which was her first to not reference the color pink in its title? Believe it or not, we actually got this – “Isn’t she that singer Brad was obsessed with for a while?” Yup!
4) Companies – In 2004, what company purchased Kinko’s for $2.4 billion, and continued to use Kinko’s as part of the name of its retail stores until 2008?
he correct response to each part is the title of an action film series with just ONE letter changed. Give the new title based on the description.
(For example, if I said “Harrison Ford plays a title character seeking the Ark of the Covenant and the Holy Grail while doing a stand-up routine,” you would answer “Indiana Jokes,” which is one letter different from Indiana Jones.)
M1) Chief Inspector Lee and Detective James Carter fight crime across the globe while also fighting red, itchy skin
M2) Keanu Reeves stars as a former hitman who comes out of retirement to attempt field goals
M3) Protagonist Ethan Hunt tries, but fails again and again, to split an atom
M4) “The Bride” seeks a better life for her and her child, ultimately terminating her 2.2-pound boss
Final Category – Monarchs
Give the name and regnal number of one of the four European monarchs who were namesakes of at least one U.S. state.
In addition to these four, Henrietta Maria, the queen consort of England, Scotland, and Ireland, was also a namesake.
Got this, but so did nearly all of the teams ahead of us.
As always, Go Pods, and stay classy, Chris Tucker!