“You’re only going to know that answer about The Fox and the Hound if you saw that movie like two minutes ago.”
Those are words I actually said while playing a virtual trivia game.
We had a tricky question about the 1981 animated Disney film The Fox and the Hound that wound up stumping a good number of the teams. While I am old enough to remember having seen that movie in theaters when I was still young enough to roll with the “kiddie movies,” (kids outgrew animated movies a lot earlier back in the old days before animated movies were cool Pixar things), I was hard pressed to remember the names of two of the movie’s side characters, let alone what animals they were representing in the movie. But I a a curious person, so I looked at the cast list (wow one of the Coreys was in it) and I don’t even recognize the names of the actors playing the characters we were asked about. Granted I was only 9 when this movie came out, so I was hardly immersed in the movie business.
Now who knows what future A-list Hollywood director worked as a lowly animator (uncredited) on this film? If you said “Tim Burton,” then you win a dinette set and a trip to Hawaii (JK, JK)!
The main thing I remember about having seen this movie is that it made my mom cry. Which does not put it high on my list of movies to rewatch! Even if it means giving me an edge when we get asked about it on trivia nights – that’s a sacrifice I’m willing to make.
Aside from flubbing on that deep cut of a Disney question, we wound up finishing first for the night – special thanks to my husband Mike for knowing much, much more about the current political scene than I!
Here were our questions:
1) Australia – Name one of the two most populous cities in Australia, which combined, make up approximately 40% of the total population.
NERD POINT: Name both.
Easy way to start the game.
2) Parts – The tone arm, pickup cartridge, and stylus are all pivotal parts of what device? Yay we’re old.
3) Organs – Which organ of the human body contains the sebaceous glands?
4) Bands – What rock band formed in Sheffield, England, in 1977 under the name “Atomic Mass” before changing it to a two-word name in which both words are misspelled? We knew we’d kick ourselves once the answer was revealed and indeed we did (d’oh)!
Mystery Round (Shakespeare)
Identify whether each of the following Shakespeare plays is categorized as a comedy, tragedy, or history.
Answer “comedy,” “tragedy,” or “history.”
M1 – Richard III
M2 – Measure for Measure
M3 – The Tempest
M4 – Julius Caesar
We missed #3. Also, did you know that bloody Mary drinks are called “Caesars” in Canada? Anyone else learn that from watching the new season of “Letterkenny?”
5) Disney Animals – In the Disney film The Fox and the Hound, the comic relief pair of Dinky and Boomer are what kind of animal? Our guess of mice was not correct.
6) Children – The first English child born in the New World was a daughter named after what colony that is now a U.S. state?
7) Beef – In the U.S., which of the primal cuts of beef comes from the upper leg and is primarily used for stews and soups because of its toughness? We were the only team getting this correct – and I guess also the only team who looked for clues from other hosts before the game (on that note, thanks host Emily F.)!
8) Theme Songs – Audio clip of theme song from series starring Gary Coleman that was rebooted recently or something.
Mystery Round (NBA Trios)
Give the single last name that matches each of the following trios of first names, such that the first and last name combinations are all NBA players, past or present.
M1 – Joel, Carmelo, and Greg
M2 – Earl, Ian, and Keon
M2 – Tyreke, Reggie, and Jeremy
M4 – Kemba, Antoine, and Chet
We missed 2 and 3.
We were in first going into the final question with 44 points.
Final Category – Current U.S. Politics
There are four U.S. states that currently have two women as U.S. senators. Name any one of those four states.
By that time I’d said “This is all you, Mike” and took laundry out of the dryer. And he put in the correct answer (now that’s teamwork)!
As always, Go Pods, and stay classy, Rick Allen from Def Leppard!
One thought on “Trivia Recap – Game # 621 – December 29, 2021 – Virtual/Streaming”
sydney/melbourne, record player, skin, def leppard
birds, virginia, shank, diff’rent strokes
history, comedy, comedy, history
anthony, clark, evans, walker
final washington minnesota new hampshire nevada