Boy, and we thought the trivia questions from the previous night’s virtual trivia game were hard! Missing the first three trivia questions of a trivia night is almost always a bad sign. And when it’s a competitive sold-out virtual show featuring teams playing from across the United States, you can bet you’re not going to be able to salvage things after that!
Here were our questions:
1) Human Body – The adjective pulmonary refers to what part of the human body?
2) Board Games – On a standard Monopoly board, the space between Baltic Avenue and Reading Railroad is what type of tax?
3) Bands – In the 2000s, what band released the albums Hot Fuss, Sam’s Town, and Day & Age, and had three top 40 hits on the Billboard Hot 100, the last of which was “Human?” We always get “killed” by questions about this band…
4) Drinks – What alcoholic drink is named for a small town near Santiago, Cuba? The only question we got correct in this round.
Talked ourselves out of one of the correct ones, but boy did we need the six points!
5) Comics – Name one of the two main superhero alter egos used by the Marvel Comics siblings Sue and Johnny Storm.
NERD POINT: Name both.
I said to Mike, “This one is for you.” Though I still had to help a little bit with Sue Storm.
6) NBA Stars – What first overall pick in the 2002 NBA Draft has his number 11 retired by the Houston Rockets? Miss.
7) TV Roles – The actor whose TV roles have included Corey Howard on That ’80s Show and Jack Griffin on A.P. Bio has also played what main character on It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia?
8) Economics – What is the seven-letter “E” term for a government ban on trade or other commercial activity with a particular country?
Mystery Two –
Missed #3 and #4.
We were tied for 12th with 43 points going into the final.
Final Movie Pairs
An actor whose highest-grossing films are Mission: Impossible and Stakeout, and an actor whose highest-grossing films are Ocean’s Eleven and Scream 2, in which he had small roles, are the main stars of what 1992 film?
This 1992 film is the first in a trilogy and is the third-highest-grossing film for both performers.
(Note: Domestic box office gross.)
Total meltdown here, we focused too much on the other star of Stakeout, even though we knew he wasn’t in any trilogies (unless they made sequels to What About Bob?). Not our final to get correct.
As always, Go Pods, and stay classy, Richard Dreyfuss (boy was he pissed off in What About Bob)!
One thought on “Trivia Recap – Game # 656 – March 30, 2022 – Virtual Stump! Format”
lungs, income tax, the killers, daiquiri
human torch/invisible girl, yao ming, dennis, embargo
blue jasmine, the blind side, room, the hours
gif, poodle, amanda bynes, finland
final – the mighty ducks