It was a lovely evening for sitting outside and having some beer with friends in one of those things called a “biergarten” Wednesday evening. Until the mosquitoes came for us! I was prepared – I had a can of Deep Woods OFF! in the car, so I sprayed the hood of my hoodie, my sleeves, my pant legs and proceeded to continue hanging outside looking not at all like the Unabomber. When we got home, we decided to cap off the night with a virtual game which began at 11 p.m. This kind of spontaneity is definitely one of the benefits of virtual trivia as opposed to “outside world trivia!” If the stats on the Sporcle web site are to be believed, we finished in first for the night. But in reality, we finished in second, since the team that finished ahead of us wasn’t a league team. I’m nothing if not honest! Like when I found a $20 bill at work yesterday! I actually asked around before keeping it.
1) 1980s Movies – The 1981 German war film Das Boot takes place primarily aboard what type of marine vessel?
2) Anatomy – What is the six-letter term for both the cartilage wall separating the nostrils of the nose and the wall separating the ventricles of the heart?
3) Companies – What company, founded in 1937 by Margaret Rudkin and named after her Connecticut property, produces Milano cookies and Goldfish crackers? This company remembers what you did and might not keep its mouth shut about i!
4) Plays – In Shakespeare’s A Midsummer Night’s Dream, what friend of Hermia delivers the following line?
“And though she be but little, she is fierce.” Miss.
MR: Name the TV series based on the list of characters who work in law enforcement.
M1. Raymond Holt, Amy Santiago, and Charles Boyle
M2. Tom Hanson, Judy Hoffs, and Doug Penhall
M3. Lilly Rush, Scotty Valens, and Nick Vera
M4. Truck Garrick, Dennis Mello, and Vernon Holley
Strangely, we got all of these right.
1) Song Titles – What mythical character, who puts people to sleep and brings good dreams, is referenced in the title of a song recorded by the Chordettes and Emmylou Harris, among others?
2) Art – What short-lived art movement of the early 20th century, with a name beginning with the letter “F,” was led by Henri Matisse and André Derain?
3) Basketball – What is the last name of the only brother-sister duo in the Basketball Hall of Fame?
NERD POINT: What are their first names? Nope and nope…
4) Capitals – What city is the capital of the “Volunteer State”?
Mystery 2 – Visual
In humans, there are five types of vertebrae, distinguished by where they are located along the spinal column, including the sacrum and coccyx.
Name the other three types of vertebrae.
Got this and moved to second. Woot?
As always, Go Pods, and stay classy, Mr. Sandman!
One thought on “Trivia Recap – September 15, 2021 – Virtual/Streaming”
round one – submarine/uboat, septum, pepperidge farm, helene
round two – mr. sandman, fauvism, miller/reggie/cheryl, nashville
mystery one – brooklyn 99, 21 jump street, cold case, the wire
mystery two – bastille day, dragonboat fest (unsure of my notes), james nesmith, shirley temple black
final – thoracic, lumbar, cervical