Here were our questions in a “Stump!” virtual trivia game Tuesday, September 14:
1) Composers – What German composer’s ninth symphony includes a chorus singing “Ode to Joy” during the final movement? Easy way to start the game.
2) State Flags – Which Southwestern U.S. state’s flag includes a red image of the Zia sun symbol on a yellow background?
NERD POINT: What is the most populous city in this state
Mike was all over the first part of this, and I attempted to answer the nerd part of this. But failed…we put down the #4 most populous city.
3) Athletes – Beginning in 1998, what woman won eight consecutive U.S. Figure Skating Championships? She also won a silver medal at the 1998 Winter Olympics and a bronze medal at the 2002 Winter Olympics. Miss. We went with Tara Lipinski.
4) TV Themes – This question was audio, so…I’ll attempt to reconstruct the question as a words question with the same answer (ahem): What British psychological crime drama series has aired five seasons since its debut in 2010 and features an actor in the leading role whom has appeared in both Marvel Cinematic Universe films and DC Universe films? Is that too hard? OK, Idris Elba is the star. Better? 🙂 Also I want him to read bedtime stories to me (ooh that voice)!
Given a property found on a standard Monopoly board, name one of the other properties that are in the same color group.
M1 – Indiana Avenue
M2 – Pacific Avenue
M3 – States Avenue
M4 – New York Avenue
Got all of these (and we don’t even have a copy of the game in the room where we were playing LOL)!
1) Madonna – What 1983 single by Madonna includes a line from a traditional English nursery rhyme?
2) Poets – What 19th-century American poet published collections titled Drum-Taps and Leaves of Grass?
3) Soup – A soup that consists of leafy green vegetables, such as endive, escarole, or spinach, and meat, usually in meatball or sausage form, all in a chicken broth shares its name with what event? This sounds good! Maybe I will have to make that in my Instant Pot soon!
4) Actresses – What actress wrote the screenplay for, and starred in, the 1995 film Sense and Sensibility, based on the novel by Jane Austen?
Mystery 2 – Visual
We wagered zero on this. We were in fifth with 45 points going into the final.
In 2017, the Associated Press released a list of the top 100 teams in college football since 1936, based on appearances in the AP polls and national championships.
There are five schools in the top 25 of that ranking that have never won a college football championship, according to the Associated Press.
Name any one of those five schools.
Note: All of these schools claim at least one national championship in their histories, but none are recognized by the AP.
We moved up to fourth place at the end.
As always, Go Pods, and stay classy, Monopoly Guy!
One thought on “Trivia Recap – September 14, 2021 – Virtual/Streaming”
round one – beethoven, new mexico/albuquerque, michelle kwan, luther
round two – lucky star, walt whitman, wedding, emma thompson
mystery one – illinois/ky, pennsylvania/nc, va/st charles place, st james place/tennessee
mystery two – mckinley, james meredith, lucretia mott, macarthur
final – ucla, u of washington, u of arkansas, u of arizona, u of iowa, u of wisconsin