Here were the questions from a virtual trivia game November 18, which was our 600th trivia game:
1) Forests – The only tropical rainforest in the U.S. National Forest System is located in what territory? Talked about two possible territories, picked the right one.
2) Radio – Who replaced Casey Kasem as the host of the American Top 40 radio program in 2004? Miss.
3) Pasta – What pasta with a four-letter name is the same shape as penne pasta, but has straight-cut ends instead of diagonal-cut ends? Commence my picky pasta eating husband saying how “gross” this pasta is (too funny all pasta pretty much tastes the same)!
4) Fears – From the Greek meaning “public space” and “fear,” what is the term for the anxiety disorder in which a person perceives an environment as unsafe with no easy way out? A bit of debate, but got this.
Visual Mystery –
1) Wars – Other than the United Kingdom, name one of the two countries that the United States formally declared war on prior to World War I.
NERD POINT: Name both.
Got both, woot!
2) ’80s Movies – Movies What subject does Ben Stein’s character teach in the 1986 film Ferris Bueller’s Day Off—mathematics, English, economics, or anatomy?
3) Games – What party game has card categories including Creative Cat, Data Head, Star Performer, and Word Worm? I like this game, it’s too “tame” for my husband. Plus, he doesn’t like singing during board games (party pooper)!
4) Non Profits – What nonprofit medical practice and research facility was founded in Rochester, Minnesota, in 1889, and named for its founders? One of our former trivia teammates works for this place. Wonder if they have a section for aioli?
Myst Rapper Stage Names Give the stage name of the rapper based on their birth name and list of songs.
M1) Trevor George Smith Jr. – “Dangerous” and “What’s It Gonna Be?!”
M2) Kimberly Denise Jones – “No Time,” “Lady Marmalade,” and “Magic Stick”
M3) Jeffrey Bruce Atkins – “Always on Time” and “Mesmerize”
M4) Amethyst Amelia Kelly – “Fancy” and “Black Widow”
We only got one of these correct (#2).
Unsure what place we were in going into the final.
Final Category – Movie Actors
The 14 highest-grossing films at the domestic (U.S.) box office featuring Jackie Chan have titles beginning with only four different words, one of which is “the.”
Name the other three words that begin the titles of these high-grossing films featuring Jackie Chan.
We had one of the correct words, but nope, did not get this right (all teams missed this question).
As always, Go Pods, and stay classy, Owen Wilson!