We might know a bit more than average about movies that featured both Chris Farley and David Spade in credited roles, and might have been close but no cigar on a question about a Heisman Trophy winner in the 1980s (yes really) but are definitely at a loss when it comes to those newfangled video based social media sites those crazy kids are using these days! Hey, back in my day, we watched videos on this channel called MTV – and sometimes those videos lasted as long as 10 minutes. How’s that for having an attention span? I know it sounds crazy now to talk about MTV actually showing music videos, but yes, they did (and it was wonderful)!
We wound up finishing in fifth in a virtual Stump! trivia game Friday night. We wanted to do one last indoor activity before heading out for a Halloween weekend cabin trip. What – do you think renting a remote cabin in the woods is a bit too scary for Halloween? Well, maybe some of the smells from the outhouse will be pretty darn scary, but we bought a scented candle to help take care of that!
Here were our questions:
1) Colors – Sacramento, artichoke, and seafoam are shades of what color?
2) Song Lyrics – What 1993 single that includes the lyrics “Baby don’t hurt me; don’t hurt me no more” is the highest-charting single in the U.S. by Haddaway?
3) College Football – The football player who won the Heisman Trophy in 1985 is named Vincent, but goes by what nickname? I came up with the guy who won in 1984. Hey – for a non sportsball person to come that close on a sportsball question? Give me a sticker or something at least! Yeah, my dad’s a Wolverine, for sure (though for the record I honestly don’t care who wins that “big game” today). I have friends/family on both sides of that competitive coin! Go Blue! Go Green! Just don’t tell my dad…
4) Social Media – The Git Up Challenge, the Corn Cob Challenge, Pretty Boy Swag, and Mirror Run are memes, challenges, or trends that initially became popular on what social media app? We thought of the right app, but did not put down the right one. Fail.
Visual Mystery – Halloween Episodes in Cartoons
We missed #3.
1) Novels – What dystopian novel is set in the year 2540, which is known as AF 632, where AF stands for After Ford? Mike said his sister was obsessed with this book when she read it in high school and really kicked himself for not remembering the book’s name. Well, he didn’t really kick himself, but he wouldn’t shut up about it for a couple of minutes!
2) Trios – Vega, Deneb, and Altair, which form a notable triangle, are three of the most prominent what? There you go, Mike – a question I needed you to answer!
3) Movie Pairs – Name two of the three films theatrically released in the 1990s featuring both Chris Farley and David Spade in credited roles.
NERD POINT: Name all three.
A lot of teams came up with one, a few came up with two, but very, very few came up with all three. Go figure, in that third movie, they weren’t presented in a “buddy” capacity.
4) Games – What computer game, released by the Minnesota Educational Computing Consortium, was designed to teach students about the realities of 19th-century pioneer life on a popular wagon route? I do not remember ever playing this when I was a kid. We still got it right, though.
Myst Second Letter Countries Name the country that has the given letter as the SECOND letter in its short-form English name.
M3) “C” (Name either)
This round was all Mike (well done)! We were in fifth going into the final with 45 points.
Final Category – Same Name
A brand-name detergent made by Procter & Gamble, the term for a standard juggling pattern, and a major North American mountain range all share what name?
Got it, but so did all of the teams ahead of us. As always, Go Pods, and stay classy, Aldous Huxley!
One thought on “Trivia Recap – October 29, 2021 – Virtual/Streaming”
green, what is love, bo, tik tok
brave new world, stars, black sheep/tommyboy/coneheads
fairly oddparents, gravity falls, hey arnold, king of the hill
ukraine, afghanistn, ecuador/iceland, oman
final – cascade