Here were our questions from a virtual Stump! trivia game played on October 14, 2021:
1) Singers – In 1987, what singer became the first woman to be inaugurated into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame?
2) Babies – A fontanelle is an anatomical feature commonly found on which part of a newborn’s body? Curse us for not having kids, miss…
3) Dancing – What dance named after a U.S. city consists of simple steps resembling walking forward and backward, but with exaggerated arm and leg movement? Thank you FB clue…
4) Cars – Produced from 1964 to 1983 and from 1997 to the present, what mid-size Chevy model was named after a beachfront city in Los Angeles County? We have one of those cars!
Mystery One – Visual
1) First Ladies – Which mid-20th-century first lady, who was 61 years old at the time, was the first to decorate the White House for Halloween?
2) James Bond – What James Bond actor once represented Scotland at the Mr. Universe competition in the 1950s?
3) Lakes – What North American lake is the largest freshwater lake in the world?
4) French – What is the English translation of the French term “Mardi Gras” ?
NERD POINT: What was the date of Mardi Gras in 2021?
Mystery Two – MLB initials
Name the Major League Baseball team that has the same first and last initials as the person described in each of the clues.
Give the full location and team name of the MLB team, NOT the person’s name or initials!
Example: If I said, “44th president of the United States,” the answer would be “Baltimore Orioles” because Barack Obama = BO
M1 – Singer with six top ten songs on the Billboard Hot 100, including “Stitches” and “There’s Nothing Holdin’ Me Back”
M2 – Spanish painter of The Old Guitarist and The Weeping Woman
M3 – Author of The Count of Monte Cristo and The Three Musketeers
M4 – Actress known for her roles as the title character in Harriet the Spy and as Dawn on Buffy the Vampire Slayer
We missed #1.
We were in seventh going into the final with 43 points.
Final Category – North America
Of the 23 countries in North America, which is the most populous after the United States, Mexico, and Canada?
Got it and moved up to third. As always, Go Pods, and stay classy, Mamie Eisenhower!
One thought on “Trivia Recap – October 14, 2021 – Virtual/Streaming”
aretha franklin, head/skull, charleston, malibu
mamie eisenhower, sean connery, lake superior, fat tuesday/did not write down nerd point answer
the sixth sense, the blair witch project, get out, the exorcist
seattle mariners, pittsburgh pirates, arizona diamondbacks, minnesota twins