I’ve copied and pasted the “Stump” trivia rules from Sporcle’s web site, though I don’t know how how up to date they are. I would suggest asking your friendly trivia host for more information or…their web site (sporcle dot com).
Each game will be two groups of four regular round questions, two mystery rounds and one final question (wager up to 15 points on the final). Wagering varies depending upon the round (see below for details).
- At the beginning of each quarter, you will be told the categories for the four questions of that quarter.
- In the first and second quarter, you must wager 1, 3, 5, or 7 points depending on how confident your team is in your answer. You can only use each wager once per quarter.
- At the end of the first quarter, there is a picture round. Take a look at that image and follow the host’s instructions.
- At the end of the second quarter, there is a halftime question. This question involves a series of clues that point to an answer. If you submit the correct answer after the first clue, you earn 10 points; if you submit correctly after 2 clues you earn 8 points, and so on down to the final clue worth 2 points. If you submit an incorrect answer at any point, you lose 5 points.
- The second half of play is the same as the first half, except that the point values are increased to 2, 4, 6, or 8 points in the third and fourth quarters. You can only use each value one time per quarter.
- There is a bonus round after the 3rd quarter.
- The two Final Questions are the most important. You must wager between 2-10 points for each question, even numbers only. If you get the question right, you get the points. If you get it wrong, half of your wager is deducted from your score. (Turning in no answer will result in -1 point per question.)
- After the Final Question answers are turned in and scored, the team with the most points wins!
I do not work for Sporcle, I am only providing this as a convenience. Like I said, please, please, please ask your friendly host or Sporcle employee for more details!
I have a virtual game in about 15 minutes…