Almost forgot we played a “blockbuster movies” themed trivia game back in June! Without further ado, here were the questions:
1) Action – From 1992-2005, the MTV Movie Awards gave out an award for Best Action Sequence. What 1996 film won this award for “Truck Drives Through Farm Equipment”?
2) Actors – The films that were #1 and #2 at the box office for the weekend of August 23-25, 1985 each starred what then-24-year-old actor in lead roles?
3) Bond – James Bond – What was the last James Bond film released prior to the 1999 film The World Is Not Enough?
4) Characters – What two characters were played by actor Matt Lucas in the 2010 film Alice in Wonderland?
5) Directors – Victor Fleming directed two iconic films released in 1939 that were nominated for the Academy Award now known as Best Picture. Name both of those films.
6) Animated Films – Name the two actors credited with providing a speaking voice for Simba in the 1994 animated film The Lion King. Big miss…we picked the actor who voiced Simba’s daddy.
7) What film won the most Academy Awards in February 2019, with four, including two for sound, although it did not win Best Picture?
8) Nicknames – In a long-running horror franchise, a character named John Kramer is better known by what nickname? Thank you Brent for remembering his name!!!
9) Billions – What is the only film starring Will Smith to gross over one billion dollars at the worldwide box office?
10) Subtitles – Give the subtitles of the three films in the Hobbit series in the order in which they were released.
Mystery Category: Title Characters
Name the person or persons who played the title character(s) in a high-grossing film from 2019.
M1. Captain Marvel
M2. Fast & Furious Presents: Hobbs & Shaw (name both)
M4. Alita: Battle Angel
Final Category – Movie Titles
Of the movie titles beginning with the letter “S” on the list of highest-grossing movies of all time, five of those are part of the Star Wars or Spider-Man series. What is the sixth film?
We picked an “S” film that didn’t make as much money as the correct one (though we came close)! That’s OK, movie trivia is always fun, even if you don’t end up with an Oscar for your efforts! Or even a Golden Globe…Saturn awards are actually the coolest!!!
As always, Go Pods, and stay classy, Scarlett O’Hara – though who would want to read about you if you were classy?
One thought on “Trivia Recap – June 27, 2021 – Blockbuster Movies Theme – Virtual/Streaming”
twister, mj fox, tomorrow never dies, tweedle dee/tweedle dum, the wizard of oz, jonathan taylor thomas/matthew broderick, bohemian rhapsody, jigsaw, independence day
mystery – brie larson, the rock/jason statham, zach levi, rosa salazar
final – skyfall