We wrapped up an evening of catching up with a longtime friend and occasional trivia teammate by playing a virtual trivia game! Earlier in the evening, we talked about possible future “real life” trivia outings (how exciting, right)?
A final question about Ed Sheeran hit songs stymied any chance of success…we are too old! When your trivia partner says “Who’s Ed Sheeran?” And you answer, “Remember – he was in that one movie where the Beatles didn’t exist?” Then you have to show him a picture to jog his memory – yeah – your chances of succeeding in a question about his hit songs are gonna be slim to none! However…if one of our past trivia teammates had been playing with us – who happens to like Ed Sheeran songs – we might have fared better!
Here were the questions:
1) 1990s Films – Back in the Habit is the subtitle of the sequel to what musical comedy film released in 1992?
2) Ratings – One step below TV-MA, what audience rating in the TV Parental Guidelines system means “Parents Strongly Cautioned”? Miss.
3) Time – The Mesozoic era is divided into three periods, one of which is the Jurassic period. Name one of the other two.
NERD POINT: Name both.
Yeah, my husband isn’t going to be the go-to when it comes to Ed Sheeran singles, but he does know about stuff related to dinosaurs! 🙂
4) Italian Food – Osso buco is an Italian casserole that traditionally uses the meat of what animal?
5) Stadiums – Super Bowl LVI (56) is scheduled for February 13, 2022, at SoFi Stadium, which is located in what metropolitan area?
6) Cover Songs – In 2007, Mark Ronson released a cover of the song “Valerie” by the Zutons. What singer is featured on that cover? We incorrectly guessed a singer who had a hit song called “Valerie” in the 1980s. Did I mention that we’re old?
7) Video Games – Released in 2017, what is the subtitle of the most recent original game released in The Legend of Zelda series? Miss.
8) World Capitals -What capital of Thailand has been referred to as the “Venice of the East”?
9) U.S. History – In 1955, in Montgomery, Alabama, 15-year-old Claudette Colvin performed a notable, particular action that was repeated nine months later by what other woman?
The action led to Colvin being named a plaintiff in the case Browder v. Gayle.
10) Comics – Which DC Comics character has been nicknamed the “Scarlet Speedster”?
Got those last three questions correct…whew!
Mystery – First Children
Identify which U.S. president parented each of the following lists of children.
Names given are ones they generally go by, which may not be legal first names.
M1 Jack, Chip, Jeff, and Amy
M2 Robert, Eddie, Willie, and Tad
M3 Barbara and Jenna
M4 Tricia and Julie
Got all of these.
In second with 58 heading into the final. I think you all know what will happen next…
Ed Sheeran’s 2021 single “Bad Habits” became his eighth top ten hit on the Billboard Hot 100.
“Shape of You” and “Perfect” each hit #1 on the chart.
Name two of his other five top ten singles, all of which charted ahead of “Sing,” “Beautiful People,” and “The A Team.”
I would say “screw you, Ed Sheeran,” but it’s not his fault we f—ed up a question about him!
As always, Go Pods, and stay classy, Steve Winwood! Maybe sometime you will be the correct answer!