Here were the questions we had in a “fairly recent” virtual trivia game (I’m a little behind on the recapping, LOL)!
1. Magazine Covers – Although the border of Time magazine is usually red, for the April 28, 2008, cover, it was what color?
The headline for that week’s issue was “How to Win the War on Global Warming.”
2. Sports – What sports organization, known as the PBR, currently has three tours for competitors of different skill levels – The Unleash the Beast Series, the Velocity Tour, and the Touring Pro Division?
3. Reality TV – The Tibbitt to Contwoyto Winter Road was the main setting of the first season of what reality series that debuted on History in 2007?
4. Politics – What San Francisco supervisor was one of many instrumental in defeating a 1978 ballot initiative in California that would have banned LBGT citizens from working in public schools?
5. Math – 4πr2 is the formula used to calculate the surface area of what three dimensional geometric object?
6. Celebrities – In 2020, Saturday Night Live cast member Colin Jost married what actress after becoming engaged the year prior? Miss.
7. Nominees – What small town northeast of Boston lends its name to the title of a 2016 film that was nominated for the Academy Award for Best Picture?
8. Ingredients – First created in the 1820s by a chef to King George IV, what condiment brand counts tomato puree, raisin paste, crushed orange puree, vinegar, and salt among its ingredients? Miss.
9. Rap Music – What rap group that formed in 1981 played their final public show in June 2009 at the Bonnaroo Music and Arts Festival?
NERD POINT: Bonnaroo is held in which U.S. state?
Missed both of these guesses.
10. Comic Strips – According to the title of a comic strip that was published from 1940-2011, what is the occupation of Brenda Starr?
Mystery – Current Events – Answer the questions about events that took place recently.
M1. What kind of animal is Magawa, who is retiring after five years of sniffing out land mines in Cambodia, having found 71 in his career?
M2. Nikola Jokic (YO-kitch) was named NBA MVP after a season in which he averaged 26.4 points and 10.8 rebounds for which Western Conference team?
M3. On June 6, a memorial containing 22,442 names was unveiled in what region of France?
M4. What musician announced that he will be returning to Broadway, reviving a solo show that ran in 2017-18?
Only got #3 right (not our mystery round). Clearly we need to pay more attention to current events! We were in fourth with 56 points going into the final.
Final Category – James Bond
Of the 24 Eon Productions films in the James Bond series released as of June 2021, five have titles that are at least five words long.
Name two of those five films.
Got it, but so did the teams ahead of us…the first place teams had this tiebreaker:
Tiebreaker: In feet, including its antenna, how tall is the Empire State Building?
As always, Go Pods, and stay classy, Goldfinger!