We played a “movie trilogies” themed virtual game June 11 – we were in first going into the final, but didn’t know a damn thing about the director they asked about in the final (other than that we thought one of the movies he directed was a “hot mess”)!
Read on to see the questions:
1. Musicals – Anna Kendrick, Brittany Snow, Anna Camp, Rebel Wilson, and others appear in what musical film trilogy?
2. Characters – What is the first name of Vin Diesel’s character in the XXX (Triple-X) film series?
3. Subtitles – Name either of the subtitles of the sequels to the 2014 film The Maze Runner. Never heard of it…
4. TV Movies – In a made-for-TV trilogy, what title creature battles again a Pteracuda and a Whalewolf? Nope, but we feel shame for missing this…
5. Sports Movies – What country do the Bad News Bears visit in the third film in the trilogy?
6. Directors – Who was the director of the Spider-Man films that star Tobey Maguire in the title role? Mike met this guy’s dad back in the early 2000s (true story)!
7. Voices – Name either performer who voices James or Molly in Look Whos’ Talking Too.
8. Co-Stars – What is the title of the first film in a series starring Vin Diesel alongside Rhiana Griffith, Keith David, Alexa Davalos, and Karl Urban, among others?
9. Trilogies – What word completes the name of a trilogy that includes the films Shaun of the Dead, Hot Fuzz, and The World’s End?
Three Flavours _
Very happy I remembered this odd word.
10. Animals – What breed of dog is Burt Reynolds’ character Charlie B. Barkin in the All Dogs Go to Heaven trilogy?
Mystery – Movie Trilogies
Give the title of the first film when given the titles or subtitles of the subsequent films in the trilogy.
M1. Split and Glass, both film titles
M2. Born on the Fourth of July and Heaven & Earth, both film titles
M3. Texas Blood Money and The Hangman’s Daughter, both subtitles
M4. The Enchanted Christmas and Magical World, a subtitle and a partial title
Missed 3 and 4. We were in first going into the final with 56 points (don’t worry the final question will ruin the celebration, LOL)!
Final Category – Movie Trilogies
Name two of the three films – released in 1992, 1997 and 2001 – directed by Baz Luhrmann, which all share a “specific style of filmmaking” though are otherwise not connected to each other in theme or plot?
Only saw one of these movies, and wanted my money back (the 1997 one). I had a real hatred of the movie’s male star back in the day (which I have since gotten past) and only wanted to see Titanic to watch him drown. I had some…angst in my younger years!
And this is the last recap I’ll be posting for a bit until I actually play more games! As always, Go Pods, and stay classy, Leonardo DiCaprio!