T’was the night before our vacation and all through the house – piles of camping gear were lying about!
Since we wanted to cram in some trivia beforehand, we signed up for a late-night ’90s movies themed game – just the two of us, plus Kimberly from the Sparty On trivia team (her husband Brent also steppd in to help on some questions)! Thanks for letting Kim wake you up!
Here were the questions:
1. Movie Quotes – What 1998 film includes the line, “This is not ‘Nam. This is bowling. There are rules.”?
2. Voices – What actress has voiced a mother or grandmother the 1991 film Beauty and the Beast and the 1997 film Anastasia?
3. Spin-Offs – The 1998 film U.S. Marshals is the spin-off of what 1993 film?
4. Nicknames – What is the nickname of Jason London’s character in Dazed and Confused? Miss, we guessed “Brody.” We thought it seemed like a good stoner nickname! 🙂
5. Undercover – In what 1999 film does Drew Barrymore’s character go undercover as a high school student to get a news story?
6. Titles – A 1991 comedy starring Christina Applegate and a 1994 comedy starring Kathleen Turner both include what word in their titles?
7. Series – Name either the first or last film in the James Bond series that was released in the 1990s. Nerd point – name both (and both answers had to be correct or else no points). We got the first film correct but missed the bonus so no points. I hate it when nerd point questions are this way!
8. Settings – The 1999 film The Blair Witch Project is primarily set in the woods in which U.S. state?
9. Discoveries – In what movie does a character played by Tim Allen discover he has a son living in a tropical country? And thank you, Brent!
10. Actors – What Academy Award-winning actor plays The Headless Horseman in the 1999 film Sleepy Hollow?
Mystery – Movie Taglines
Identify the ’90s movie based on the following taglines:
M1. “Mischief. Mayhem. Soap.”
M2. “Let he who is without sin try to survive”
M3. “Collide with destiny”
M4. “Sex. Clothes. Popularity. Is there a problem here?”
Got all of these.
We were in third with 55 points going into the final.
Final Category – Movie Casts
The 1994 film Little Women had five performers portray the four March daughters, Meg, Jo, Beth, and Amy. Name three of the five performers.
We got this, but so did the teams ahead of us.
Reminiscing about movies is always fun! Strangely, there were no questions about the movie whose quote we used as a team name – “Is that hair gel?”
As always, Go Pods, Sparty On, and stay classy, that chain-smoking overly tan lady from There’s Something About Mary!