Note: I am only including answers that I remember. I’m doing the recaps a bit differently while I search for the appropriate replacement tiny watch battery for my digital camera (which means I’m currently not taking photos of the questions and answers). I’m not going to go to the trouble of looking up answers to questions if I don’t remember them – but any of you are welcome to do that yourselves!
Maybe it wasn’t the best idea to try to play some Sporcle Live “virtual” trivia games after spending an evening sitting by a propane heater in a local beer garden (boy those things are the balls…so toasty)! While a certain amount of beer helps loosen your inhibitions – as well as some vital knowledge nuggets from your brain, there reaches a point where too much of a good thing…is too much of a good thing! Yet, there we were…battling questions about animated TV, royalty, wrestlers, things Susan Sarandon said in movies and other stuff! We did “OK,” but not great…
Here were the questions…
1. Dolls – Matryoshka dolls, also known as nesting or stacking dolls, have their origin in what country?
2. Animated TV – What animated Disney Channel original series that aired from 2002-2007 used a theme song by Christina Milian titled “Call Me, Beep Me”? Miss.
3. World History – In what century did Vatican City gain its independence from Italy through the Lateran Treaty?
4. Titles – Name two of the three titles given to ranks between duke and baron in the Peerage of the United Kingdom. Miss. For 8…(Mike was very upset by this).
5. Hall of Fame Athletes – In 1993, the WWE Hall of Fame inaugurated their first class, which consisted solely of what wrestler, who was billed at 7’4” tall and 520 pounds and had died earlier that year? I mean…who ELSE could it be?
6. Vehicles – The Sienna is a model of minivan that has been produced by what auto manufacturer since 1997? Helps when one of your friends has had a couple of these. “Popular with dog people,” I joked…
7. R&B Music – Since 1958, three musical acts, all solo artists, have had at least 19 songs reach #1 on the Billboard chart currently known as Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs. Name one of those three artists. This is NOT my category. I focused way too much on the “hip-hop” part and not enough on R&B. Miss.
8. U.S. Geography – Idaho shares a land border with how many other U.S. states?
9. Authors – Dirk Pitt, Juan Cabrillo, Isaac Bell, and Kurt Austin are main characters in series of novels by what American novelist and founder of the National Underwater and Marine Agency? Miss, we put Steve Zissou…
10. 2010s Movies – What 2018 film became the first superhero movie to be nominated for the Academy Award for Best Picture?
Mystery – Susan Sarandon quotes
Name the film based on the quote delivered by Susan Sarandon’s character.
1. “Look, you shoot off a guy’s head with his pants down, believe me, Texas is not the place you wanna get caught.” (1991)
2. “Take my crown? Don’t you think that’s a bit melodramatic, dear?” (2007)
3. “I want the last face you see in this world to be the face of love, so you look at me when they do this thing. I’ll be the face of love for you.” (1995)
4. “You have so many extraordinary gifts; how can you expect to lead an ordinary life?” (1994)
Final Category – Elevations
There are four U.S. states that have highest points that are more than 13,000 feet above their lowest points.
Two of those states are Alaska and California. Name one of the other two.
Got it, but not enough for us to place anywhere near the top…