A couple of ‘Pods trivia players and a couple of players from Sparty On met up “virtually” Thursday evening for a dose of trivia about 1990s movies. We only missed three points the entire game and got the final correct, but that was enough to only land us in fifth place! Nice teamwork all around…
1. “Get busy living or get busy dying” is a quote from what 1994 film?
2. In what 1991 film does FBI Agent Johnny Utah go undercover and infiltrate the surfing community while investigating a string of bank robberies?
3. Name both of Bruce Willis’ highest-grossing films, which were released in consecutive years in the 1990s. Great teamwork here – Kim came up with one I knew had to be right, and I thought about a movie that was released a year earlier. “Brent – was Bruce Willis in (blank)?” Brent said “Yeah,” so we went with those two movies successfully.
4. Simon Phoenix is the main villain in what 1993 sci-fi action film that is partially set in the year 2032? Mike for the home run here…
4, Terry McMillan wrote a 1996 novel that was adapted two years later into what film that shares its title and stars Angela Bassett and Taye Diggs?
5, What 1997 film stars Jennifer Love Hewitt, Sarah Michelle Gellar, Ryan Phillippe, and Freddie Prinze Jr.?
6, What numbers were used in the titles of The Naked Gun sequels subtitled The Smell of Fear and The Final Insult? This was all me… Mike said, “Heather really loves these movies.”
7. The AAGPBL, which used the motto “Do or die!” and ceased to exist in 1954, is the organization central to the plot of what 1992 film? No clue…but there is no crying in trivia games! Miss.
8. What animated 1993 film features a time traveling scientist who goes back in time and magically increases dinosaur intelligence, who later appear in modern-day New York City? Brent for the home run (nicely done)!
9/ What are the subtitles of both theatrically released Robin Hood films from the 1990s?
Mystery – Supporting Actress Ocar Nominations
Identify the women nominated for best supporting actress for roles in the following films.
M1. Girl, Interrupted
M2. My Cousin Vinny
M3. The English Patient
M4. L.A. Confidential
Missed #3, we put Kristin Scott Thomas…
Funny Movies – American Film Institute
Name any two of the 1990s films on that list (2000), which were released in 1991, 1993, 1993, 1996, and 1998, respectively.
We picked the 1991 movie and the 1998 movie, got it…but so did the teams ahead of us.
To the nearest million dollars, what is the combined domestic box office gross of the highest grossing film from each year of the 1990s?