Here are the questions from a streaming Facebook trivia game I played Tuesday hosted by Mike D:
1. Film Roles – What actor played bobsled coach Irving Blitzer in the 1993 film Cool Runnings?
2. Geography – Name one of the two Caribbean countries that are located closest to Jamaica?
3. Mascots – The mascot of rum brand Captain Morgan is commonly depicted with one hand on his raised knee and the other hand holding what object?
4. Legends – Morgan le Fay is a powerful enchantress whom appears in the stories of what legendary hero?
5. Plays – Arthur Miller wrote what 1953 play that dramatized the story of the Salem Witch Trials? Bonus, what century did these occur?
6. Country Music – What 1964 hit song, written and performed by Roger Miller, tells the day-to-day life story of a vagabond hobo? I was thinking of an older song about hoboes…one that some speculate is kind of filthy (Big Rock Candy Mountain). And I could NOT get this song out of my head for like a…day! What really sucks is I don’t even know the lyrics, mainly just the melody. This has to be a sign of MADNESS! The quarantine is getting its claws into my brain! Ahhhh!!! Uh, do I need to take another pain pill???? 🙂
7. Tennis – Tennis player Roger Federer, whom has won 20 Grand Slam titles, was born in 1989 in what country? Now I might know a couple of things about tennis players who PLAYED in the 1980s (my brief Wimbledon obsession as a teenager), but as for players born in the 1980s? Nope!!!
8. Time – A wrist watch from what Swiss company was the first watch to be worn on the moon when Buzz Aldrin wore his during the Apollo 11 mission? No clue.
9. Science – The upper case Greek letter Omega is used as the symbol for what SI derived unit?
10. TV Channels – The comedy-drama series Greek aired on what cable channel 2007 to 2011, before the channel was rebranded as “Freeform?” Nope…
No mystery round…it was all visual, and was based on blurry sports logos! Would get lost in translation if I posted them here and just look like horrible photos!!!
Final Category – Directors
I only managed to name two….