My quarantine “pardner” and I played a “virtual” Sporcle Live game presented via Zoom Friday night. We decided to goof off a bit with the cameras… (we just happened to have some costume stuff lying around in our studio, aka “basement.” ⇓
We managed to finish in second place! Woot! Not that it means much, just a “chance” to be entered into random gift card drawings…
I’ll have a WHOLE team for trivia tonight! It will be nice to see everyone again…even if it’s just seeing them on my laptop screen – and hearing their voices! Hearing them laugh at my lame jokes…ah I miss trivia nights!
Here are the questions from Friday’s game:
- Presidents – Which U.S. president is depicted on the Purple Heart medal? Miss…
- Counties – Broward, Hillsborough and Orange are among the most populous counties in what U.S. state?
- NHL Teams – Name the two NHL franchises that began play in the 1990s and are currently part of the Pacific division. Got this! But for only three points…
- Lyrics – What song featured the lyrics “I Want Your Love and I Want Your Revenge” and peaked at #2 on the Billboard Hot 100 charts in 2009? Did not have right players in our mix to know this…
- Logos – A schoolboy with a ballpoint head is the logo for what company?
- Awards – In 2018, Donna Strickland won a Nobel Prize in what category, the first in 55 years? Nope.
- Horror Movies – What 1979 film, remade in 2005, was based on the alleged experiences of the Lutz family, who bought a home in New York, where a mass murder had occurred a year before?
- Gifts – What is the traditional gift for a first wedding anniversary? Paper, wood, iron, or pottery?
- Museums – Name one of the three largest art museums in the United States by gallery space, each of which is located in a different city. Miss. For six!
- TV Characters – Oswald, the title character from a 2000s animated series, is what kind of animal? Why, oh why did we miss this????
Mystery – “Bird” is the word
All of the correct responses will begin with “b” and end with “d.”
M1 – Any of a various, usually large, birds of prey
M2 – A broad, often landscaped thoroughfare
M3 – The young of an animal or family of young
M4 – Fraternity
Got all of these…
Standings heading into the final (we used name Tentacle Porn Stars): ⇓
Final Category – Astronauts
What American astronaut is the first person to have flown in space four times, as well as the only person to have flown to the moon twice without making a landing?
Got this, woot!!! Finished 2nd place with 65 points.
We’ll be back at it again tonight, playing with host Kimberly from Ypsilanti! Sign up to play against us here!