I checked out a live-streaming trivia show Tuesday night following a lovely weather day! At 7 p.m., it was still nice enough to have some windows open, so I hooked up the USB cable to connect my laptop to the TV (yes we still have an older TV and that’s how we have to watch Netflix and other streaming stuff) and “tuned in” to a show hosted by “Mike D The Sporcle MC” whom was “broadcasting” from his home in Southeast MI.
He managed to fix the technical issues that plagued his Thursday night game last week – no issues with the feed or with being able to see the questions!
As has become a quarantine “habit,” I was chatting online with one of my pub trivia teammates – Brad – via Facebook Messenger while the questions were being shown on my TV screen. I took photos and sent them to him – so it was sort of like teaming up to answer questions during pub trivia! My other “teammate” Mike was setting up a board game scenario in the basement while I was watching the trivia show (he’s not really as much into trivia as I am).
And here are the questions as they were presented to us:
- What European country shares land borders with Albania, Bulgaria, North Macedonia and Turkey?
- What Pink Floyd song contains the lyric, “A distant ship smoke on the horizon?”
- The “lb” used to represent pounds derives from what Roman word meaning “balance?”
- “A skilled London police officer is transferred to a small town with a dark secret” is the IMDb plot summary of what 2007 film?
- Name two of the three states that contain Yellowstone National Park. Name all three for a bonus point.
- What was the name of the character played by Vivian Vance in “I Love Lucy” who was Lucy’s best friend and acted as a voice of reason to counter some of her crazier ideas?
- What word is a perceptual phenomenon in which simulation of one sensory or cognitive pathway leads to involuntary experiences in a second, such as seeing a color when hearing a sound?
- What video game company developed and published the 1985 arcade game “Paper Boy?”
- Along with cognac and triple sec, what is the third alcoholic ingredient used in a cocktail called “Between the Sheets?”
- What politician was the subject of a series of memes which usually began with the line, “I am once again asking?”
Mystery – Visual
This was a visual mystery round, had to name the artist inspiring the following “portraits” (apologies, one of these came out blurry, I didn’t have much time to take these photos when they were flashed on screen):
Final Category – Heroes
Match the following actors to the heroes they played in the Marvel Cinematic Universe:
Aaron Taylor Johnson, Anthony Mackie, Chadwick Boseman, Don Cheadle, Jeremy Renner, Paul Bettany
Black Panther, Falcon, Hawkeye, Quicksilver, War Machine, Vision
Brad and I teamed up to get all of these (woot)!
Next “trivia night” will be Thursday! Stay tuned, and don’t touch that dial!