Just to ensure there is a good category mix, all of these categories mirror categories from a previous Sporcle Live game (or are very, very similar). So these aren’t questions involving things “only I would know,” LOL!
1. Island Nations – Nicosia is the capital city of what European island nation?
2. Elements – Name one of the two elements named for U.S. states. Both for a bonus point.
3. Film Settings – The John Waters films Pecker, Serial Mom and Pink Flamingos are all set in what East coast U.S. city?
4. ’80s TV – Which “A-Team” character (pictured above) typically flew the planes and helicopters on missions?
5. Shoes – What shoe company produces the “All-Star” line?
6. Athletics – What animal is the mascot for the Oakland Athletics?
7. Country Singers – What artist originally recorded “The Devil Went Down To Georgia?”
8. Toys – What toy was originally called the “Pluto Platter” when it launched in 1955?
9. Title Roles – What actor played Hellboy in two films directed by Guillermo Del Toro?
10. Memorials – Within five, in what year was the Vietnam Veterans Memorial dedicated in Washington, D.C.?
Mystery – Lesser Known J.R.R. Tolkien Characters
Yes, this round is just for Mike (no complaining about all of the “this day in history” mystery rounds I’ve been doing)!
Identify the characters from either The Hobbit or any of the three Lord of the Rings books based on the following descriptions:
M1 – Alliterative name of tavern owner encountered by the Hobbits in Bree
M2 – Favorite pony of Samwise Gamgee
M3 – Eccentric wizard known by the qualifier “The Brown”
M4 – First name of Galadriel’s husband
1. Food –What staple food did the retailer Costco recently announce it would not accept for refunds as means of discouraging panic shoppers?
2. ’70s albums – “Animals,” “Wish You Were Here” and “Dark Side of the Moon” were all albums released in the 1970s by what progressive rock band?
3. Reality TV – What was “Honey Boo-Boo’s” mother’s name on “Here Comes Honey Boo-Boo?” Name or nickname is acceptable.
4. U.S. History – What abolitionist was hanged for treason because of actions involving a raid at Harper’s Ferry?
5. Hollywood Couples – What real-life Hollywood couple co-starred in the 2003 comedy flop Gigli?
6. Expansion Teams – What west coast city is slated to be the newest city to have a NHL team?
7. Interstate Highways – If traveling north on I-75 in Michigan’s Upper Peninsula, what is the last city you’ll pass through if going through to Canada? Yes, this is a fairly easy “interstates” question…
8. Dickens – What is the name of the primary protagonist in Great Expectations?
9. Sitcoms – What actress plays Claire Dunphy on “Modern Family?” I seriously would not have known this without looking it up, so don’t feel bad if you don’t know this!
10. Anatomy – In the human body, the patella bone is located where?
Sorry, no visual mystery round today folks…(hey – I did TWO yesterday)!
Final category: What Year Am I?
Identify the year the following events all occurred:
Heaven’s Gate mass suicides, Gianni Versace murdered, Kylie Jenner born, Jeff Buckley drowns in Mississippi River