Just to ensure there is a good category mix, all of these categories mirror categories from a previous Sporcle Live game (or are very, very similar). So these aren’t questions involving things “only I would know,” LOL!
1. Sketch Comedy – What Canadian sketch comedy troupe had sketches including “These are the Daves I know,” “Chicken Lady,” and also a feature film called “Brain Candy?”
2. Food – What body part of a cow is used to make tripe?
3. Weapons – What type of edged weapon is “Sting” – which is used by Bilbo in The Hobbit?
4. Movie Characters – Actor Anthony Edwards plays a character with what “avian” nickname in the 1986 film Top Gun?
5. Africa – Aside from Belgium, France and the U.K., name any two of the other four European countries that had African holdings as of 1913.
6. Sports Nicknames – What NFL player was nicknamed “Broadway Joe?” Yes I know this is super easy and I’m essentially phoning it in…
7. Literary Characters – In what Ken Kesey novel and its film adaptation would you find a villainous character named Nurse Ratched?
8. Punk Rock –Before he launched a successful solo career, singer/songwriter Billy Idol was the frontman for what British punk band? Bonus point if you know Billy Idol’s “birth” name.
9. Physics – Which of Isaac Newton’s laws of physics describes a body exerting a force on a second body and the second body simultaneously exerting a force equal in magnitude and opposite in direction on the first body? Does this make up for me making that sportsball question too easy? 🙂
10. Military History – Within one, in what year did Argentine forces invade the Falkland Islands?
Mystery – Fictional Planets
Identify the book. movie or TV show (or any combination thereof) where you’d find these fictional planets.
2. Omicron Persei 8
1. Bubbles – What are Bubbles’ two sister’s names on “Powerpuff Girls?”
2. Cocktails – A variation on a Cape Cod cocktail, what mixer is typically added to make it a “Rose Kennedy?”
3. Sports Logos – What celestial body makes up part of the Minnesota Wild logo? Bonus for knowing the former name of this team.
4. Store Names – The H-E-B chain of grocery stores is headquartered in what southern U.S. state?
5. Album Covers – On which Pink Floyd album cover would you see two men shaking hands -with one of them engulfed in flames?
6. Nuclear Waste – What film series beginning in 1984 featured a nerdy character named Melvin who becomes mutated and gains superpowers after coming into contact with nuclear waste?
7. Fictional Characters – in 1980, Hallmark greeting card designer Janet Manco created what characters, which wound up starring in an animated Hanna-Barbera TV series? Pictures seen here ⇓
I used to have this nightgown! I LOVED it and wore it until it wore out.
8. Anniversaries – Within three, in what year did Corvette offer its “silver anniversary” edition? Give yourself a bonus point for hitting this year exact.
9. Nickelodeon – Name one of the three Nickelodeon animated series that made their debut all on August 11, 1991. And yes…name two or three if you like!
10. Animals – Vicuña and guanaco are both relatives of what South American animal?
Visual Mystery – Identify the celebrities in these photos of them when they were young:
What character – originating in a 1926 novel – was first licensed by Disney in 1961, made his feature film debut in 1977, was originally voiced by Sterling Holloway and received a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame in April, 2006?