We tuned in for a second “helping” of a live-streaming trivia show Thursday hosted by a Sporcle Live host who uses the moniker “Mike D.” Here are the questions from that show:
2. The Ballad of Songbirds and Snakes, a novel to be released in May, 2020, is a prequel to what series of young adult novels?
2. Within three, what is the number of feet from the pitcher’s mound to home plate in either men’s or women’s college and adult level fast pitch softball?
3. What planet is named after the Roman god of the sea, and has an astronomical symbol that resembles his trident?
4. Hotter than July, The Woman In Red In Square Circle and Characters are all platinum-selling albums by what artist? Nerd bonus, name this artist’s only diamond certified album. I knew this because of the second album…
5. Nathan Lane and Ernie Sabella voice what two best friends in a 1994 film?
6. What mountain, located in California, is the tallest mountain in the United States found outside of Alaska?
7. Besides the player character and the creepy crawly enemies, what item populates the playing area and acts as a barrier in the arcade game Centipede?
8. What is the name of the filter-feeding system of plates and hairs found within the mouths of many whales that is used in place of teeth?
9. What TV series has a title derived from a nickname given to the main character – forensic anthropologist Dr. Temperance Brennan – by FBI agent Seeley Booth?
There was also an audio question asking for the composer of a piece of music which was played live by Mike D’s girlfriend Julie on the clarinet…but I have no idea how to “convey” that into a written recap question! I’ll just say I was able to recognize the piece and knew who composed it…
Visual Round – Flags
Final Category – U.S. History
Name four of the six states which were acquired in their ENTIRETY with the purchase of the territory of Louisiana by the United States from France in 1803? Louisiana is NOT one of those states!
I didn’t write down these answers…just have fun trying to answer ’em!