Just to ensure there is a good category mix, all of these categories mirror categories from a previous Sporcle Live game (or are very, very similar). So these aren’t questions involving things “only I would know,” LOL!
1. Boy Bands – Three members of which “boy band” all appeared in Dead 7 – a 2016 post apocalyptic zombie western film?
2. Wars – Within one, in which decade did the Crimean War occur?
3. Theme Songs – What former Devo band member composed the music for the 1990s animated series “Rugrats?”
4. Books – Complete the title of this 1979 Erma Bombeck novel – If Life is a Bowl Of Cherries, What Am I Doing In The (blank)?
5. NHL Teams – In addition to the Edmonton Oilers, name any of the other two of the other four NHL teams Wayne Gretzky played with during his more than 20 year career. Bonus point if you name the team that is not in existence anymore.
6. Cars – What foreign car company produced the sports car model Supra from 1978 to 2002 and began producing that car again in 2019?
7. Geography – What Central American country borders Panama to the west?
8. Toys- What handheld Parker Brothers toy introduced in 1978 shared its name with a fantasy character from literature and was also the subject of a TV series airing from 2008 to 2012?
9. Animals – Trumpeter, mute, tundra, black and whooper are all species of what aquatic bird?
10. Partners – Who was the longtime creative partner of composer and EGOT winner Richard Rodgers with whom they together created the musicals The King and I, Oklahoma!, and South Pacific?
Mystery – Before and After – One of the answer components will be the name of a Disney animated film
1. 1991 “regal” comedy film featuring John Goodman and 2018 Disney film featuring the World Wide Web
2. 1999 film that won Academy Award for best picture and 1991 Disney film involving an unlikely romantic relationship
3. 2006 drama film featuring Christina Ricci as a nymphomaniac and 2016 animated film set in the South Pacific
4. 2011 Oscar nominated film about Margaret Thatcher and 1955 Disney film about a couple of dogs in an unlikely romantic relationship
1. Countries – What is the largest country by area to NOT be located in North America, Africa or Asia?
2. People in Law – What word beginning with the letter “b” describes a lawyer in Great Britain and other nations?
3. Grammy Winners – What portly male singer won the 1981 Best New Artist Grammy Award? His highest-charting hits included “Ride Like The Wind,” “Sailing,” and “Arthur’s Theme (Best That You Can Do)” As another “hint” I’ll give for Seinfeld fans, this artist was also supposed to perform at Newman’s New Year’s party.
4. Board Games – In the original version of the board game Trivial Pursuit, if you were asked about the World Series, what color square would you be occupying?
5. Movie Awards – What 1997 action film involving convicted felons in an airliner won a Golden Raspberry (Razzie) Award in the category of “Worst Reckless Disregard for Human Life and Public Property?” For a nerd bonus, what was the name of the character played by John Malkovich in the film? Only the first name/nickname needed.
6. Civil Rights – A famous bus boycott took place beginning in 1955 in which southern U.S city?
7. NBA Players – What famous NBA player plays Roger Murdoch in the 1980 film Airplane? Sorry, sports folks…I know this is too easy, but ugh…sportsball!
8. Zodiac – Which sign of the Western zodiac is depicted by a venomous animal?
9. Authors – What was author Mark Twain’s first and last name by birth?
10. Sitcoms – What actor replaced Charlie Sheen on “Two and a Half Men” in 2011? Bonus point if you know how the character Charlie Harper died (which I only know because I looked it up…I’ve never watched this show on purpose).
Visual Mystery – Christian Bale Movies – Identify the movie in which you would see the following images…And since I know this will probably be really hard – and shucks – I’m in a good mood – how about I list the movies and you match them to the images? Aren’t I so nice? 🙂
Movies – American Hustle, Vice, American Psycho, Empire of the Sun
Final category – U.S. Presidents
Herbert Hoover – born in 1874 – was the first of all U.S. presidents to have born west of the Mississippi River. Born in 1884 – which U.S. president was the next one to have been born west of the Mississippi River?