Just to ensure there is a good category mix, all of these categories mirror categories from a previous Sporcle Live game (or are very, very similar). So these aren’t questions involving things “only I would know,” LOL!
1. Energy Drinks – Within five, in what year did the Red Bull energy drink makes its debut with U.S. consumers?
2. Film Characters – What actor played gambling handicapper and casino manager Sam Rothstein in a 1995 film? Bonus point – what was the name of the fictional casino in the film?
3. TV Networks – From 2008 to 2018, the Animal Planet network’s logo was simply their name written out. Since 2018, what animal has been used in Animal Planet’s logo?
4. Canada – Name both Canadian islands – both of which encompass one province – that share their names with dog breeds.
5. Heisman Trophy – Joe Burrow, the most recent Heisman Trophy winner (winning in 2019) – was a quarterback playing for what college?
6. Anatomy – In humans, what organ is the largest in the lymphatic system?
7. Debut Albums – What American band released its debut album “Pocket Full of Kryptonite” in 1991 – which produced two top 20 singles?
8. Film Quotes- In what 1999 film would you hear this quote?:
We cook your meals, we haul your trash, we connect your calls, we drive your ambulances. We guard you while you sleep. Do not… fuck with us.
9. Landmarks – In the town of Enterprise in which southern U.S. state will you find a statue of a human holding a boll weevil in the air?
10. 2010s Movies- Actor Philip Seymour Hoffman’s last credited film role was as the character Plutarch Heavensbee in what film – which was part of a franchise? You only need to name the franchise and don’t need to be super specific – but if you know the exact film name take a bonus point!
Mystery – Crosswords
1. Nine letters – sport in which participants hit a shuttlecock – or birdie – with a lightweight racquet
2. Seven letters – type of saxophone played by musician Kenny G
3. Eight letters – Scaled Asian animal species thought to be a transmission source of recent viral outbreaks
4. Four letters – First name of character played by comic actress Akwafina in a 2020 Comedy Central TV series
1. Acronyms – What do the letters HVAC stand for in industry “speak?”
2. ’90s Movies – What 1994 comedy film marked the directorial debut for actor Ben Stiller (he also appeared in the film)?
3. Commercials – What product was Michael Jackson helping to sell when his hair was ignited while filming a 1984 TV advertisement?
4. U.S. States – After its capital city, which western U.S. states second and third most populous cities are – according to the most recent U.S. Census estimates – Meridian and Nampa?
5. Voyages- The voyages of what Portuguese explorer came to an end in the Philippines in 1521 – when he was killed by a bamboo spear?
6. Boxing – What Filipino professional boxer and politician has been a Philippines senator since 2016 and is regarded by many boxing historians as one of the greatest professional boxers of all time?
7. TV Dramas – What ABC TV drama series involving baby boomer parents aired from 1987 to 1991 – and earned Primetime Emmy awards for Patricia Wettig and Timothy Busfield?
8. Album Sales – Whose album “When We Fall Asleep, Where Do We Go” topped year-end charts for sales in 2019?
9. Paper – What six-letter word describes parchment made from calf’s skin – or the smooth paper which imitates this parchment?
10. Dolls- What is the name of the doll in The Conjuring series of horror films?
Visual Mystery – Name the following characters on “The Simpsons” – all of whom are voiced by Harry Shearer
Final Category – Australian Actresses
What actress – born in New South Wales in 1972 – gained 40 pounds in seven weeks for a 1994 film called Muriel’s Wedding, played the mother of two child actors whom were both Oscar nominated for their performances (in films released in 1999 and 2006) and most recently played a mom again in the 2015 holiday horror film Krampus?