Editor’s note: This is a trivia game recap written by a member of the More Beer Less Pants trivia team. My attempts to answer these and my commentary will be in this color.
A Solo MBLP trivia night capped with a First place win and the winning of a pot worth several hundred bucks. Yes, sometimes it’s worth playing trivia.\\\
1) What is the name of the watch Apple announced this week? Oh, it’s NOT iwatch.. ? Iwatch? 🙂
2) What Canadian city is closer to Detroit – Quebec City or Montreal? I’m shitty at these kinds of questions and lean on my teammates for them.
3)Who wrote the Canterbury Tales? Chaucer
4)In the Children’s song ‘Muffin Man’ where does he live? Drury Lane
5) What was the flight # of the Plane that crashed in Pennsylvania on 9/11? should know this but…
6) What Motown great sang “What’s going on”? Marvin Gaye
7)Berry Gordy’s first signed act was Originally called the ‘Matadors’ What did they change their name to upon being signed to the Motown Label? not my wheelhouse but I’ll guess…Four Tops? Google says no go…
8)What company is using the Foreigner song “Hot Blooded” in it’s new TV commercials? Nope.
9)What is the real name of the largest of the Great Pyramids of Giza? Santa Maria (LOL)? No idea…from me. My husband says Pyramid of Rameses as his guess.
10)Chupacabra, translates to what in English? goat sucker is my husband’s guess.
11) What was the Americans name who was caned in Singapore in 1994? Audible groans here… tough question, altho once the name was read, I remembered hearing it. REALLY? REALLY? Bad MTL!
12)What country has Lagos on its north border and the gulf of Thailand on its South border? Lagos? That’s in Nigeria, so I think this is a typo. If this should say “Laos,” I’m going to guess Vietnam. But geography isn’t really my strength. It’s my job to know names of countries, and my teammates’ job to know where they are!
13)What science is the study of the structure and function of biological systems such as humans, animals, plants, organs, and cells by means of the methods of mechanics? SCIENCE! No clue from me.
14)What was the name of the Genie on ‘Pee-Wee’s Playhouse’? JOMBE! And this was a Buzztime question on Thursday night (seriously)!
What one word Movie Title received the Oscar for Best Picture in the following years?(Movie release date and year won are separate due to the Oscar ceremonies)
What song holds the record for weeks in the Billboard hot 100 with 87 weeks. It peaked at #3 and ended its run in May of 2014?
UGH BILLBOARD STUFF! I HAVE NO HEAD FOR THIS….
What is the highest grossing Baseball film of alltime? I’m guessing a League of Their Own or Major League. YAY MY FIRST GUESS WAS RIGHT!