Today, I started to really feel more like “myself” again after having had a tooth yanked out late last week. I’m getting my energy levels back and have tapered off the pain meds quite significantly. So I decided to resume my 2019 New Year’s resolution to take a f—ing walk every day of at least 30 minutes in duration (or longer when I’m feeling more “perky”). I did pretty good today – managed to complete a walk of nearly 2.5 miles in about 45 minutes!
Snapshot of today’s weather during my walk.
I came home from work, had a quick snack (applesauce pouch) and a glass of water and fired up my SanDisk mp3 player. What tunes would it select randomly from my massive music collection for my walk today? Turned out to be quite an eclectic mix of tunes from the 1940s, 1970s, 1980s, 1990s and the 2000s! There were a couple of cover songs, a show tune, a disco track a new wave track. The 2000s tune was one I thought I deleted (turned out to be a good “walking tune”). So what music was picked randomly for today’s walk? Here’s a list, along with the “decade” each track was released:
I never thought Talking Heads’ lead singer David Byrne was really all that “hot,” but he does have an amazing set of eyes that…just look right through you! I will never forget seeing handwritten Talking Heads lyrics at the Rock ‘n Roll Hall of Fame/Museum in Cleveland! They were art students, so the lyrics for And She Was were scrawled on graph paper!
- Catch My Fall, Billy Idol (1980s)
- Sing, Sing, Sing, Glenn Miller Orchestra (1940s)
- Mr. Brownstone, Guns ‘n Roses (1980s)
- Say It Isn’t So, Hall & Oates (1980s)
- I Move On, Chicago movie soundtrack (2000s)
- The Man Who Sold The World, Nirvana (David Bowie cover, Unplugged in New York, 1990s)
- Psycho Killer, Talking Heads (1970s)
- Get Down Tonight, KC and the Sunshine Band (1970s)
- Plush, Stone Temple Pilots (1990s)
- Don’t Look Back in Anger (Beatles cover by Oasis, 1990s)