We managed to move from fifth to third place by wagering zero on a final question about NHL teams in a recent Stump! virtual trivia game.
1) Greatest Hits – What singer has released three “greatest hits” albums: Celebration in 2009, GHV2 in 2001, and The Immaculate Collection in 1990?
2) Mountains – At over 9,500 feet in height, what is the tallest mountain in Greece?
3) Athletes – The three most recent female winners of EPSY awards did so in the categories of snowboarding, tennis and soccer. Name any one of these women. Nope, nope, nope. Clearly we are out of touch with the “it” female athletes of today, though we picked someone more recent than Chris Evert for the tennis player!
4) Instruments – The lyre, a harp-like instrument of ancient Greece, was typically made using cow entrails for the strings and part of what other animal for the body?
Mystery One – “V” Books
Identify the missing word from each of the following books, each of which begins with the letter “V.”
M1) The _ Hungry Caterpillar by Eric Carle
M2) _ Fair by William Makepeace Thackeray
M3) The _ Rabbit by Margery Williams
M4) _ Academy by Richelle Mead
5) Governors – What politician with a colorful last name served as governor of California from 2011-2019, when he was succeeded by Gavin Newsom?
6) TV Actresses – Melissa Joan Hart is credited in at least 65 episodes of three different live-action TV series.
Name any two of those three series.
7) Film Titles – What is the shared title of a 1994 sci-fi Western film starring Richard Joseph Paul and George Takei and a 2013 film starring Tom Cruise and Morgan Freeman? The title describes our collective brains when trying to think of this…
8) Slogans – (did not write down this question in its entirety) – What pizza chain previously used slogans including “Gather Around the Good Stuff,” among others?
Mystery Round Two – Women’s Hall of Fame
We were in fifth going into the final with 40 points.
Final Category – NHL Teams
We wagered zero on this and were thankful we did…
Since the New York Rangers earned both the Presidents’ Trophy, awarded for best regular season record, and the Stanley Cup, awarded to the playoff champion, in the 1993-94 season, four other teams have accomplished the same feat, including the Detroit Red Wings, who have done it twice.
Name one of the other three teams who have earned the Presidents’ Trophy and the Stanley Cup in the same NHL season since 1994.
Two teams managed to get this correct, we moved up to third for our conservative wager. As always, Go Pods, and stay classy, Sabrina the Teenage Witch!