Editor’s note: I do not have the original notes from this game, so no answers for this one:
Here were our questions in a December 27 virtual Stump! trivia game:
1) Meat – Similar to a T-bone, what cut of beef has a strip steak on one side of the bone and a tenderloin on the other?
2) Geography – What term from the French for “table land” describes an elevated area of land with a flat top and steep sides?
3) Apps – According to Apple, what was the second-most downloaded free iPhone app in the U.S. in 2021, behind TikTok and ahead of Instagram?
4) Cover Songs – Name two of the four artists or bands who have had a top 40 hit on a Billboard chart with the song “Always on My Mind.”
NERD POINT: Name all three.
5) The White House – Since January 2021, Jen Psaki has served in which position in the Biden administration?
6) 2021 Films – (AUDIO) The following clip is from a trailer to what 2021 film?
7) Novels – James Joyce’s novel Ulysses takes place on a single day in which month of the year?
8) Spin-offs – The TV series The Conners premiered in 2018 as a spin-off of what other TV series that originally premiered in 1988?
Mystery – Popular Toys
Fill in the blanks in the names and/or descriptions of each of the following toys, which were all listed on Amazon’s “Toys We Love” list in 2021, representative of toys that are popular for the 2021 holiday season.
M1) WowWee Got2Glow _ Finder: Available in pink and blue, it is a jar designed to search for virtual ; once caught, __ function as digital pets.
M2) My Squishy Little Golden : Named Dart, this delivers 50 reactions and emotions in the form of cute sounds and unique animation, a head that lights up, and cheeks that blush.
M3) Star Wars Snackin’ _: Kids can feed this 9-inch Baby Yoda one of the four included menu items, and he’ll react with sound and motion
M4) Monopoly Junior: _ Edition: Kids can imagine a world in which they come face-to-face with different kinds of and feed them leafy banknotes; features phonetic spellings so caregivers can help kids practice saying different __ names
Final Category – Paintings
The painting more commonly known as Whistler’s Mother, which was completed by James Whistler in 1871, has a title that includes what two colors?