Apparently when it comes to release years of movies, I’m pretty decent. When it comes to release years of TV shows? Uh, not so much! Despite me saying “We’re pretty crappy at the category of TV, let’s wager zero,” I was overruled and we were taken down by a final question about (drum roll) TV. No big, it was a just for fun virtual game on a Sunday evening in our basement “rec room” and I got to multi task by getting some laundry done!
Here were our questions:
1) Cartoons – Introduced in 1962, what animated character has a boss named Mr. Spacely?
2) Sequels – Scheduled to be released in 2022, Maverick is the subtitle of the sequel to what film?
3) Animals – The animal whose species name is Ursus americanus is commonly known by a name that includes what color?
4) Nursery Rhymes – According to a common nursery rhyme, what lost animal will “come home, bringing their tails behind them?”
Got all of these correct.
Answer the questions about events that have taken place recently.
M1) What school earned the #1 seed in the upcoming College Football Playoff?
M2) On December 8, what German politician was sworn in as chancellor, replacing Angela Merkel?
M3) On December 4, and again on December 6, Mount Semeru erupted in Indonesia. The volcano is located on the Eastern half of what island, which is the most populous in the world?
M4) On Tuesday, the city council of Charlottesville, Virginia, voted to turn over a statue of what person to the Jefferson School African American Heritage Center, which will melt it down to creature new public art?
Missed #s 1 and 2.
1) Hats – What is the five-letter term for a type of hat with a narrow or no brim, which can come in many styles, but is often associated with a chef’s uniform? I know we’ve had this question in past trivia games and its answer fails to make a spot in any of our long term memories. Miss.
2) Royalty – What member of the British royal family currently holds the titles of Prince of Wales, Duke of Cornwall, and Duke of Rothesay?
3) Zodiac – Each calendar year begins and ends under what sign of the Western zodiac?
4) Tennis – Name one of the two Grand Slam tennis tournaments that are currently played on hardcourt surfaces.
NERD POINT: Name both.
Yay a tennis question we didn’t miss! And also got the bonus!
Name the northernmost national capital city with a name that begins with the given letter.
For example, if given “D,” you would answer “Dublin,” which is the northernmost national capital city with a name beginning with “D.”
My trivia pardner Mike was the superstar of this round…got all of these correct.
We were in sixth going into the final with 48 points.
In 2020, Screen Rant published a list of the five best TV shows based on movies.
Name two of those five series, which debuted in 1972, 1997, 2006, 2008, and 2014.
Damn it, the 1997 series is one of our favorites! We just couldn’t get our brains to properly think of the answers for this. Mike said, “My brain just doesn’t work backwards like that.”
The Alana hosted games are always fun even if she’s not keeping us on the edges of our seats wondering if she’ll make it home during a flash flood like she did that one time! As always, Go Pods, and stay classy, Prince Charles!