“Just the two of us” decided almost last minute to sign up for an 11 p.m. trivia game Saturday night. We did quite well on the question set, finishing in second for the night.
1) Cooking – What semi-soft white fat from pigs is often used in cooking as a substitute for shortening or butter?
2) Mountains – The fifty highest mountains in the United States are located in four states, including Alaska. Name two of the other three state.
NERD POINT: Name all three
Got two of the correct states, but missed the bonus.
3) SCIENCE! – A common abbreviation used for the measurement unit of volume or mass flow is CFM. What does CFM stand for? Miss.
4) Rock Music – According to Rolling Stone magazine, what 1955 song has “the most inspired rock lyric ever recorded: ‘A wop bop alu bop, a wop bam boom!’?”
5) Movie Roles – In The Hunger Games film series, what musician plays Katniss Everdeen’s stylist, Cinna?
6) Nicknames – What color is the athletic nickname of teams at Harvard University?
7) Vehicles – The Frontier, Kicks, and Versa are all vehicle models produced by what company?
8) Superstition – Due to its appearance in The Rime of the Ancient Mariner, a common sailor’s superstition says that it is bad luck to kill what kind of bird?
9) Money – The reverse of the U.S. two-dollar bill features a painting by John Trumbull that depicts a piece of history surrounding what document?
10)TV Characters -What TV title character is a purple Tyrannosaurus Rex who, from 1991-2010, taught children important educational messages?
Mystery – Before and After
M1 – Most populous city in the European Union and wooden building toys named for a U.S. president
M2 – Wireless company and Sprint subsidiary and Sesame Street character who loves triangles
M3 – Company that used cow designs in its packaging and Ray-Ban sunglasses line
M4 – Name for a person who wanders and capital located on the Iberian peninsula
Got all of these. We were in second with 62 points going into the final.
Final Category – First Hits
What musician’s first #1 hit on the Billboard Hot 100 chart was released on an album titled Recorded Live: The 12 Year Old Genius?
We almost went with the wrong person but picked a person a bit older and got this right.
As always, Go Pods, and stay classy, Little Richard!