We started the month of August with a virtual trivia game! Which is how we’ll continue getting our trivia fixes until further notice 😦
1) Candy – Name two of the three flavors found in both a Skittles and Starburst package that are currently marketed as “original” varieties.
NERD POINT: Name all three. Got ’em.
2) Birth Names – Erik Weisz was the birthname of what illusionist, stunt performer, and escape artist who died in 1926? Poor bastard died in Detroit…
3) Awards – The Fields Medal is a prize awarded every four years for achievements in what academic discipline? Miss.
4) US Geography – What is the largest U.S. state by total area that borders Wyoming?
5) Mythology – What Greek mythological creature was regularly fed seven Athenian youths and seven maidens until Theseus slew the beast?
6) Rock Bands – What American rock band that formed in 2001 has had six singles certified platinum by the RIAA, including “Second Chance,” “45,” and “If You Only Knew”? Miss.
7) Theme Songs – What TV series that ran from 1972-1978 used a theme song that begins with the line, “Lady Godiva was a freedom rider; she didn’t care if the whole world looked”?
8) MVPS – In the 1980s, who was the only person besides Wayne Gretzky to win the Hart Memorial Trophy for being the most valuable player in the NHL regular season? Nope…
9) Historical People – Geronimo was a leader and medicine man in what southwestern Native American tribe? Yay Mike and his knowledge of native peoples…
10) Parodies – In the parody film Spaceballs, what metaphysical power does Yogurt introduce to Lone Starr, a spoof of the Force in the Star Wars universe?
Combine the two clues to form a single answer.
Answers may share a word or a syllable.
(For example, if I said “The capital of Minnesota AND a singer who famously partnered with Art Garfunkel” you would answer “Saint Paul Simon”)
M1 – Common nickname for Superman AND a 1989 film starring Sally Field, Dolly Parton, and others
M2 -Singer whose albums include Erotica and Bedtime Stories AND singer whose albums include Bad Girls and She Works Hard for the Money
M3 – CBS sitcom starring Matt LeBlanc AND fruit similar to a banana that is often eaten after cooked
M4 – Four-time Pulitzer Prize-winning poet AND Kellogg’s cereal with a tiger mascot
Final Category – Opera
Verdie wrote three operas named for Shakespeare characters. Name any one of those characters.
This game happened so long ago I have no idea whether we wagered on this question or got it right…all I know is we didn’t finish in the top three.
Next trivia game is – as always – TBD. We have been enjoying the double games on Wednesday nights, though a power outage last week prevented us from playing last time! As always, Go Pods, and stay classy, Pods – even when you’re sweating to the oldies and praying your fridge food doesn’t go bad!
One thought on “Trivia Recap – August 1, 2021 – Virtual/Streaming”
lemon/orange/strawberry, harry houdini, math, montana, minotaur, shinedown, maude, mario le mieux, spache, schwarz
mystery – man of steel magnolias, madonna dummer, man with a plantain, robert frosted flakes
final – macbeth, othello, falstaff