Here were the questions we had in a Sporcle Live virtual game May 16, 2021:
1. Commercials – During the 1998 Super Bowl, what company introduced a pair of chameleons, one of whom was jealous of a trio of frogs that had previously served in a popular series of commercials for the company?
2. Actresses – What actress plays Kelly Kapoor, a customer service representative on The Office, and Dr. Lahiri, an OB/GYN on a series that includes her first name in the title?
3 Elements – Name either of the alkali metals located immediately above or below sodium on the periodic table.
4. Disease – Name two of the four wild animal species with the most reported cases of rabies from 1966-2017, according to the CDC.
NERD POINT: Name three of four.
Only got two of the correct critters.
5. Music Theory – In Western music notation, what is added to a note to increase the duration of the note by half of its original value? Clearly it’s been way too long since I’ve been in band or played any sheet music!
6. Comics – What comic strip title character, created by cartoonist Dik Browne in 1973, is a shaggy, scruffy, red-bearded Viking?
7. History – In what century did English king Harold Godwinson repel a Viking invasion at the Battle of Stamford Bridge, only to fall in battle to an army at the Battle of Hastings, led by the Duke of Normandy, who then became William the Conqueror? I knew the date, but always screw up the “century” questions (Mike is good at these)!
8. Bands – What band, known for its #1 songs “Keep on Loving You” and “Can’t Fight This Feeling” named themselves after a truck designed by Ransom Eli Olds? I have a few songs by this artist on my Spotify playlist called “Douche!” Go ahead and look it up, or I’ll find some way to share it with you!
9. Voice Actors What actor voiced The Missing Link in Monsters vs. Aliens, Mr. Perkins in Despicable Me, Surly in The Nut Job, and Batman in The Lego Movie? Not one single movie of his that we actually watched. Now if they said Nelson Biederman IV or Bojack Horseman – we would’ve been all over it!
10 Forests – Name either of the U.S. National Forests named after American folk heroes that have first names beginning with the letter “D,” which are located in Kentucky and Texas, respectively. You can’t travel anywhere in Kentucky without seeing this guy’s name.
Mystery – Crosswords
M1 – 6 letters – A harbor specially designed for small boats and pleasure craft
M2 – 4 letters – To throw something forcefully, or a sculpture made from a mold
M3 – 12 letters – A region in central Romania commonly associated with vampires
M4 – 6 letters – Childhood friend of Rosencrantz and Guildenstern
Flubbed #1. We never thought of this word as being anything other than a place to gas up your boat, park your boat or buy booze/ice/supplies for your boat or go to the bathroom!
Final 1960s Movies
What real-life father and daughter played a fictional father and daughter in the 1965 comedy film Marriage on the Rocks?
It wasn’t the Fondas. Miss…
As always, Go Pods, and stay classy, Will Arnett!