We knew we’d be cutting it close by signing up for a 7 p.m. virtual trivia game and playing an 8 p.m. virtual game right after that. So we prepared for possible overlap by setting up for the game in my husband’s home office – he hosted the “virtual meeting” on his work computer, and I “handed in” the virtual answers on my tablet. I had my laptop on standby in case the 8 p.m. game started before the 7 p.m. game was over, so for a hot minute or so, I was involved in two virtual trivia games at the same time!
The first game we played that evening was “all topics,” and the second one was ’90s movies themed. This recap will be of the “all topics” game:
1. Animated Films – In what animated movie does Sacha Baron Cohen’s character, a ring-tailed lemur named King Julien XIII (13th), say the following line: “All hail the New York giants!”? Good guess, never saw it.
2. Animals – The Devon Rex and the Cornish Rex are breeds of what kind of animal?
3. Kids Books – Elena Favilli and Francesca Cavallo are the authors of what book series, featuring short stories about real women who can be role models to children? We put “Anne Bonny’s Friendly Guide to High Seas Piracy” as our answer (we had no clue). Of course it wasn’t correct, but seriously…who wants to read THAT book (raises hand)!
4. Vegetables – After potatoes and tomatoes, name one of the next two most consumed vegetables, by annual weight per capita, in the United States in 2019.
NERD POINT: Name both.Very surprised that at least one of our guesses wasn’t correct. Guess the corn side really isn’t crispiest
5. TV Characters – What TV series includes secondary characters named Shawn Connelly, Lenny Wosniak, and Dr. Leo Spaceman?6. Companies – What renowned manufacturer of fine crystal is named after an Irish city on the River Suir?
7. Athletes – What woman, who is 39 years old, earned the Teen Choice Award for Choice Female Athlete in 2018 and 2019, following a championship win in Australia in 2017? Good guess…
8. U.S. Cities – Which U.S. capital city was named after a nearby river that was itself named after the Catholic rite of the Eucharist?
9. Grammy Awards – In 1968, who became the first woman to win the Grammy Award for Best New Artist? The same year, she also won the Grammy Award for Best Female Pop Vocal Performance. Rough one – don’t think any teams got this one correct.
10. Currency – The U.S. president who appears on the front of the five-dollar bill served during which decade?
Mystery – Add ‘Em Up – The sum total of numbers in the following questions will add up to 32. M1. The number of films released in theaters from 1979-2018 in the Alien vs. Predator cinematic universe, including non-crossover features
M2. The equivalent of the Roman numeral in the title of Van Halen’s 11th studio album, released in 1998
M3. The total number of women confirmed by the U.S. Senate to serve in Donald Trump’s Cabinet as a department head or Cabinet-level official, which is equal to just more than half of the number of Cabinet departments in the presidential line of succession
M4. In a chronological list of U.S. presidents, the first president to die in office served as this number president
Not good mystery round, the only number we knew for sure was for #4. Unsure where we were going into the final (I was kind of focused on getting set up for the second game by this point).
Final Category – U.S. GeographyThe Continental Divide of the Americas, which separates the watersheds that drain into the Pacific Ocean from those that drain into the Atlantic Ocean and Gulf of Mexico, passes through or borders five U.S. states.
! Name four of those five states.
We only got three of the correct states…or maybe two. Nope…Oh well… As always, Go Pods, and stay classy, John Belushi! Did you guys know that Slimer from Ghostbusters was a tribute to him?