The 1990s were a fun decade for movies – we got to see huge sinking ships, CGI dinosaurs, a few Batman movies (some of them really, really bad and nipply) Jim Carrey in pretty much everything…what was NOT to like? We threw our hats in for a virtual ’90s movies themed game on March 18. We weren’t superstars, but it was still a fun way to reminisce about those “old” movies!
1. Westerns – Kevin Costner starred in, directed and co-produced what 1990 western film?
2. Homes – In the 1996 movie Kazaam, the genie does not live in a lamp, but rather in what object?
3. Secondary Characters – Timmy and Tommy Timmons are secondary characters in what sports-centric 1993 film?
4. Animated Movies – What animated film title character sacrifices himself to save his friend Hogarth’s community? Miss.
4. Directors – In the 1990s, who directed the films Awakenings, A League of Their Own, Renaissance Man, and The Preacher’s Wife?
5. Rom-Coms – Angus and Laura are the first, but not the only, couple to get married in what 1994 romantic comedy?
6. Goals – In a 1992 film, Rosie Perez plays a character whose goal in life is to appear on what game show, which she ultimately achieves?
NERD POINT: What is the first name of Perez’s character?
Got this first part right only because we flunked a question about this before. There is obviously some Sporcle question writer obsessed with this movie!
7. Parodies – What 1996 parody film spoofs the movies Juice, Boyz n the Hood, Menace II Society, and Above the Rim, among others?
8. Nicknames – In the 1992 film 3 Ninjas, brothers Samuel, Jeffrey, and Michael visit their grandfather, who bestows “ninja” names on each of them. Give those three “ninja” names. Miss.
9. Actresses – What actress is featured as Casey Becker, a high-school student who receives a phone call that asks her “What’s your favorite scary movie?” before becoming the second victim of Ghostface in the 1996 movie Scream?
Sorry, don’t know what happened to question number 10 (it got lost in cyberspace).
Mystery – Bad Movies
I’m doing this from memory based on the answers (which I did get down). Identify the films based on cast members and release years (films were winners of Golden Raspberry awards, but don’t remember what they won the awards for).
M1 – 1992- Woody Harrelson, Demi Moore
M2 – 1991 -Bruce Willis, Danny Aiello
M3 – 1996 – Demi Moore, Burt Reynolds
M4 – Bruce Willis, Jane MarchMissed #4.
A 1992 film starring Meg Ryan, a 1996 film starring Samuel L. Jackson, and a 1997 film starring Morgan Freeman all have titles that include what word?
We picked a word common to a 1994 Meg Ryan film and a 2005 film starring Samuel L. Jackson (and Eugene Levy), but nope…this game was not to be.
Nice challenging questions! As always, Go Pods, and stay classy, Eugene Levy (yes he was really in a movie with Samuel L. Jackson and it’s as funny as you would imagine)!