Editor’s Note: These questions were provided to me by a friend who played a recent virtual trivia game. I’ll make my guesses for answers, but will also provide answers since this friend was kind enough to provide the answers (I know I haven’t been doing answers in most of my recaps as of late). I didn’t look at any of the answers before making my own guesses. Answers will be in the comments.
Here are the questions as provided to me:
1. Outer Space – Since Apollo 11 landed on the moon July 20, 1969, what is the only sport that has been played there.
2. Symbols – In 2007, Chris Messina first used the Hashtag symbol to denote a topic on twitter. What is the technical term for the # symbol? Gah, I know I should know this but…nope.
3. Military Branches – The US Coast Guard was formed in 1790 and reported to the US Treasury. Which Founding Father was referred to as the Father of the Coast Guard? John Paul Jones? No idea…
4 Tall Buildings – World Trade Center One is the tallest building in the western hemisphere. At more that 1000 feet taller, which building is the largest in the world. Still the Burger Khalifa? Again, don’t really know…not my wheelhouse so far!
5. Harry Potter – What is the name of Rubeus Hagrid’s half brother from the Northern giant colonies? Ah millennial fodder, nope, nope nope…
6. Mythology – Which Greek mythological figure had a three-headed dog named Cerberus and is King of the Underworld? Need Mike for this one…is it Hades?
7. Horse Racing – In order to win the Triple Crown, a horse must win the Kentucky Derby, Preakness Stakes, and which third race? THIS ONE I KNOW! Belmont Stakes. Random trivia bit that never fails me in trivia games, though I’m unsure how I acquired the knowledge (my theory is Trivial Pursuit remnant).
8. Nursing – As a result of her actions during the Crimean War, what woman is known as the founder of modern nursing. My guess is Clara Barton.
9. Paris – Opened in 1793 on the bank of the Seine River, what is the oldest museum in France. If it ain’t the Louvre, I got nothing…
10. The Super Bowl – The Steelers, Patriots, Cowboys, 49ers, Packers, and Giants have all won at least four Super Bowls. Name one of the three NFL teams that have won exactly three Super Bowls.
Mystery – Joe Biden is the oldest president to begin his presidential term. Name four of the six youngest presidents when beginning their terms(could be elected or assumed office.)
Here are my guesses: Teddy Roosevelt, John F. Kennedy, Franklin Pierce, Ulysses Grant
Final. Music – According to ledgernote.com, the top five selling albums of all time worldwide include The Bodyguard by Whitney Houston, Rumours by Fleetwood Mac, Come on Over by Shania Twain, and Their Greatest Hits by the Eagles. What album tops the list at #1 in worldwide sales?
I’m shitty at any guesses I make in this category…
I’ll be doing a couple of my own recaps in just a bit! Better late than never? It’s been a busy couple of days… As always, Go Pods, and stay classy, Alexander Hamilton!
One thought on “Trivia Recap – Unknown Date – Virtual/Streaming (January, 2021)”
Answers:1. Golf2. Octothorpe3. Hamilton4. Burj Khalifa5. Grawp6. Hades7. Belmont Stakes8. Florence Nightingale9. Louvre10. Broncos, Redskins, RaidersMys. T. Roosevelt, Kennedy, Clinton, Grant, Obama, ClevelandFinal. Thriller – Michael Jackson