Editor’s note: I did not play in this game, but these questions were forwarded to me by a friend who played.
1. Video Games – What Nintendo character is the star of five Game Boy games released in the 1990s, including ones partially titled Pinball Land and Star Stacker?
2 Lyrics – What song, which was released as a single in 1994, includes the line, “Sometimes I give myself the creeps”?
3. Partners – During the mid-1990s, who was Dan Patrick’s regular partner on the 11pm edition of SportsCenter?
4, Movie Subjects – What game is central to the plot of the 1998 film Rounders?
5 Toys – What bendable rubber doll, released in 1998 by the Ohio Art Company, has best friends named Zoe and Hannah, rubbery hair, and changeable hands, feet, and shoes?
6. Words – What word, which has referred to a mean, insignificant person since at least the 1580s, was popularized in the 1990s, partially due to the success of a song that uses the term?
7. Title Characters – Alex, Teddy, Georgie, Frankie, and later, Charley, are the names of the title characters on what NBC drama that aired six seasons from 1991-1996?
8. Champions Name either of the MLS teams that won a championship in the 1990s. This is the first question in this set I would’ve been any help…
9 Companies – JNCO, a company that specializes in street look jeans, is an acronym. Name any one of the words in that acronym.
10. Movie Pairs Name two of the three feature films released in the 1990s that star both Tom Cruise and Nicole Kidman. And this is the second question I would’ve helped with (this was definitely NOT my category).
Mystery – Greatish Songs
Name the ARTIST of each of the following songs, which are all ranked in the bottom 20 of VH1’s 100 Greatest Songs of the ‘90s.
1. “Rico Suave” (1990)
2. “This Is How We Do It” (1995)
3. “Linger” (1993)
4. “I Don’t Want to Wait” (1997)
Game Shows The 1990s Nickelodeon game show Legends of the Hidden Temple featured six teams of two competing for a chance at the final round temple run and a grand prize. Each team was identified by a color and an animal, indicated on their uniform shirt. There were six color and animal team name combinations that were the same in every episode. Name three of the six team names used.
If you bothered to read this far…the next “tentative” trivia game will be Thursday, Dec. 10 – it will be a “virtual” game with a ’80s pop culture theme (I was a kid in the 1980s and I have a feeling I’ll do better in that category than I will in ’90s pop culture). A new player may be in our mix! Well, not new really, just new to playing virtual trivia. I think he’ll be a big help! As always, Go Pods, and stay classy, Geraldo!