The “quarantine” trivia nights have become just as routine as they were when bars and restaurants were open, but they’re definitely… not the same! For one, I don’t have to shower beforehand, I don’t have to put on “outside world clothes,” don’t need to bother combing my hair or squishing some gel into it to make a lame attempt to “tame” it, don’t need to worry about arriving at least 15-30 minutes early to score a table (and order drinks) or worry about whether any of my teammates will show up! There is something to be said for the casualness of it all…wearing jammie pants for a trivia night does have its pluses! ⇓
Those are llamas!
This time, I had two others “helping” me answer the questions! My husband and quarantine pardner Mike was watching the show on our TV, and I sent photos of the questions across town to Brad, whom also helped answer questions (I pretended I needed his help for the pro football question though in reality it was so easy I knew the answer)!
And here are the questions as they were presented to us…
- Video Games – The Spartan warrior Kratos is the main character in what video game series that began in 2005? Mike used to play this one with Dave…
- Bodies of Water – Name one of the two countries that border the Bay of Biscay. This is why I have Mike and Brad on the team! I’m good with geography names, but they’re definitely the “map guys!”
- Reality TV – What American Idol winner started their recording career with the release of the #1 hit “Inside Your Heaven?” I pulled right guess from the crevices of my ass – I mean “brain.”
- Same Name – What 1997 sci-fi horror film starring Laurence Fishburne and Sam Neill shares its name with a boundary that surrounds a black hole? Mike says this one is “Lovecraftian.”
- Toys – In the Generation One Transformers toys first released in 1984 what did the Optimus Prime toy transform into? Nerd point, what did Megatron turn into? No way Mike and I miss this one!!!
- Instruments – The ukulele is a member of what four-letter family of instruments which dates back to plucked instruments from thousands of years ago? This was a “stuff I know” question (as team “instrumentologist”).
- Snacks – Smartfood is a brand name first created in 1985 to market what kind of snack? This stuff is GOOD!
- NFL Players – What Pro Football Hall of Fame quarterback spent most of his career with the New York Jets leading them victory in Super Bowl III? And he’s still hawking stuff on TV…
- Weapons – What booby-trapped stake is a piece of wood or bamboo sharpened and heated into a spike, which is then placed in a pit with others of its kind? Mike’s wheelhouse here…
- Movie Flops – What word completes the title of a 1997 animated musical comedy which cost more than $30 million to produce but earned only $3 million at the U.S. box office – “Cats don’t (blank)?” Nope, nope, nope…
Visual Mystery –
Final Category – Same Name
Match characters A through F to the characters G through L who share the same names.