I signed up for a “virtual” trivia game and played Saturday afternoon. It was better than watching reruns of Parks and Recreation!
Glad I did a “test run” before playing with the team! I made some rookie mistakes…not seeing the question #1 in its entirety before I had to answer it (remedied that problem by using digital camera to take pictures of questions after this). Also, apparently I don’t know about quarterbacks, Maroon 5 and missed a question I knew about flags (I must not have submitted an answer). Why did I think I could wager 34 points on the final question? Must’ve thought I was playing a MTL game!!! Yes, I had a pathetic 34 points going into the final, but I pretty much played by myself (Mike helped me with a couple of questions but that was about it).
Should be much smoother when I have my “team” playing with me at 8 tonight…(whew)!
Here are the questions, I didn’t take pictures of them all, so the last one is out of sequence.
- Introduced in 1949, what candy with a dark chocolate coating and a dimple on one side featured a limited edition box to celebrate the 30th anniversary of Seinfeld?
- According to the International Committee of the Red Cross, the official flag of the Red Cross was formed by reversing the colors of what country’s flag?
- What former Saturday Night Live cast member is the band leader of the 8G band on Late Night with Seth Meyers?
- In Roman mythology, what type of animal nursed and sheltered the twin founders of Rome after their abandonment in the wild?
- In Lois Lowry’s 1993 novel The Giver, what is the first non-grayscale color that Jonas is able to see?
- What quarterback retired following the 1999 season as the NFL’s all-time leader in touchdown passes, although he currently ranks fifth?
- The Boxster and Cayman are models of two-seater cards made by what auto manufacturer?
- What 2011 single by Maroon 5 is the most recent #1 song on the Billboard Hot 100 charts to include Christina Aguilera?
- Which U.S. state is home to cities that have called themselves the Helium Capital of the World, Space City and the Live Music Capital of the World?
- THIS QUESTION IS PARAPHRASED – Name one of the two countries besides China located closest to Taiwan?
Mystery – Add Em Up
Each answer will be a number. All four numbers will add up to 91.
M1 – The number saved by a stitch in time, according to a popular saying..
M2 – Number in the name of the band featuring Kate Pierson and Fred Schneider
M3 – To the nearest year, the number of years from the beginning of the construction of the Berlin Wall to the beginning of its demolition
M4 – The number in the title of the sci-fi series that aired from 1997 to 2007 and starred Amanda Tapping and Richard Dean Anderson
Got all of the mystery questions correct…