Just to ensure there is a good category mix, all of these categories mirror categories from a previous Sporcle Live game (or are very, very similar, with the exception of mystery rounds, which are at my discretion). So these aren’t questions involving things “only I would know,” LOL!
1. Autobiographies – Little Girl Lost was an autobiography released by what celebrity in 1991 when she was 16?
2. World Geography – Within five, how many different sovereign nations (not dependencies) encompass North America (including Caribbean nations and Central America)?
3. SCIENCE! – What does the letter “E” stand for in the equation E=MC2?”
4. Movie Pairs – Name any one of the three films in which Steve Martin and Rick Moranis co-starred in credited roles – all within the decades of the 1980s and 1990s. Bonus point for knowing which 1991 film featured Steve Martin and Rick Moranis with with Moranis in an uncredited role as a gravedigger.
5. Sporting Events – From 1958 to 2009, the Buick Open PGA tournament was held within the vicinity of what major Michigan city?
6. Lead Singers – Before recently launching a solo career, singer Jack White was the lead singer of what Detroit-based rock band?
7. Proverbs – Fill in the blank – “A stitch in time saves (blank)?”
8. Presidents – Name one of the two former U.S. presidents who died on the 50th anniversary of the signing of the Declaration of Independence on July 4, 1826. Name both for a bonus point.
9. Netflix – Actor Henry Cavill plays the title character in what fantasy series that debuted on Netflix in December, 2019?
10. Banking – What is the nine-letter word often used to describe a deficit in a bank account caused by drawing more money than the account holds?
Mystery – Name the TV occupations based on the following TV characters.
1. Cliff Huxtable, “The Cosby Show”
2. Jack Tripper, “Three’s Company”
3. Clancy Wiggum, “The Simpsons”
4. Josiah “Jed” Bartlett, “The West Wing”
1. Vampire Movies – In what 1987 vampire movie starring Kiefer Sutherland and Jason Patric would you hear someone utter this quote toward the end?
One thing about living in Santa Carla I never could stomach, all the damn vampires.
2. Flags – What does a white flag typically mean when displayed during a battle? Yes, I’m a little lazy here…I could have asked a real hard core flags of the world question…but I didn’t wanna! And don’t you guys deserve some easy ones???? 🙂
3. Medical History – German Wilhelm Röntgen produced and detected what in 1895 for which he would be awarded the Nobel Prize in Physics in 1901?
4. Hall of Fame – Name one of the two teams that NFL player Joe Montana played for in his two Pro Football Hall of Fame entries. Both for a bonus point.
5. Laws – What branch of law deals with wills, trusts, probate and other subjects related to the management of another’s property?
6. Fictional Products – On what animated TV series would you find a beverage called Slurm?
7. Composers – This category was originally called “audio.” I can’t really offer audio clues to you all… So I can kind of free-balled it…(ahem) – What American composer wrote theme songs for The Pink Panther, Peter Gunn and the mini-series The Thorn Birds?
8. Toothpaste – What brand of toothpaste has used the slogan “So clean you can feel it?”
9. Same Title – What is the shared title of a 1989 Metallica single that peaked at #35 on U.S. charts – and a U2 single that hit #1 on mainstream and alternative charts in 1991?
10. Festivals –What annual multimedia festival held in Austin, TX was recently postponed because of COVID-19?
Visual Mystery – Name the popular cocktails – or shot-based drinks – based on the following images:
Final Category – Landmarks
Name any two of the top 10 most-visited landmarks in the world (my source was just a Wikipedia article…) – all located in Washington, D.C.