Just to ensure there is a good category mix, all of these categories mirror categories from a previous Sporcle Live game (or are very, very similar). So these aren’t questions involving things “only I would know,” LOL!
1. Proverbs – Fill in the blank with this proverb – “Don’t count your (blank) before they’re hatched?”
2. Title Roles – Saoirse Ronan played the title role in what 2017 film in which she was nominated for an Oscar for best leading actress?
3. NHL Rules – Within two, in what year did helmets become required equipment in the NHL?
4. Poems – Who wrote the 1855 poem The Song of Hiawatha?
5. Talent Shows – What NBC TV series featuring amateur talent contests ran from 1976 to 1978, in first run syndication from 1976 to 1980 and 1988 to 1989, and was revived in 2017 for broadcast on ABC?
6. Universities – Baylor University is located in what Texas city?
7. Business – What mail-order food delivery company was founded in Nebraska in 1917?
8. Musicians – What Welsh actor won a Golden Globe for playing Elton John in the 2019 film Rocketman?
9. Animal Kingdom – In animal classification, what grouping comes after class?
10. Theme Parks –Kingda Ka, at 456 feet, is the tallest and second fastest roller coaster in the world and is located at a Six Flags theme park in what eastern U.S. state?
Mystery – Quickfire
Name four of the six Noble Gases on the Periodic Table.
1. Higher Education – What is the name of the fictional college in the 1978 movie Animal House?
2. Directors – For what 1999 film did English director Sam Mendes win the Academy Award for best director?
3. MLB Teams – Name one of the two National League teams added to MLB in 1993. Both for a bonus point.
4. Record Holders – Who is the most recent artist to have won eight Grammy Awards in one night – more than any other artist (besides Michael Jackson – who won eight Grammy Awards in 1984)?
5. Trains – What rail line is the focus of a 1934 mystery novel by Agatha Christie?
6. Dance – What partner dance originated on the Rio de la Plata – the river forming the the natural border between Uruguay and Argentina – in the 1880s?
7. Dr. Seuss – What Dr. Seuss character was known for having 500 hats?
8. Cocktails – What fruit juice is used in a gimlet?
9. Medicine – What branch of medicine focuses on the heart and circulatory system?
10. Symbols – What Greek symbol resembles an upside-down letter “U?”
Identify the TV series in which you’d find the following annoying (and completely unnecessary) child characters (all of whom made their first appearance well after season 1):
Final Category – Geography
The Southeast Asian country Laos shares a land border with how many other nations?