Editor’s note: This is part of a series of trivia question sets I’m writing to help fill the trivia void left by local pub trivia companies having to cease operations during this COVID-19 crisis time. Answers will be provided in the comments. There will be two rounds of 10 questions each, two mystery rounds and one final question. Hope you have fun!
Just to ensure there is a good category mix, all of these categories mirror categories from a previous Sporcle Live game (or are very, very similar). So these aren’t questions involving things “only I would know,” LOL!
1. Constitution – What Constitutional amendment involves unreasonable searches and seizures?
2. Games – What card game, launched in May, 2011, is typically described as a “party game for horrible people?”
3. Rock Movies – In what 2016 action/comedy “buddy” film does The Rock play a CIA agent and co-star with Kevin Hart?
4. Rock Music – What British band’s original lineup included lead vocalist and rhythm guitarist Joe Strummer, Mick Jones, Paul Simonon, and Nicky “Topper”
6. Long-Running TV – In February, 2020, Hank Azaria (pictured above in The Birdcage) voice actor on “The Simpsons,” announced he would no longer provide the voice for which character?
7. Baseball Books – What 2003 book by Michael Lewis was later adapted into a 2011 film starring Brad Pitt? Nerd bonus – what is the full title of that book?
8. Baseball Games – What team did the Detroit Tigers defeat in the final game of the 1984 World Series?
9. Commercials – What actress appears in television ads for Squarespace – telling viewers in a heavy Midwestern accent – “I’m building a web site?”
10. Tall Buildings – What was the name of Chicago’s Willis Tower until 2009 – which at one time was the tallest building in the United States?
Category – What Actress Am I? The sooner you’re able to answer, the more points you get.
1. Some of my roles include Kate Flax, Wendy Hood and Carolyn McDuffy
2. I was born in 1980 and appeared in my first film role when I was 9
3. I stopped wearing fur after appearing on PETA’s “worst dressed list” in 2006
4. I played Wednesday Addams in a 1991 film and its 1993 sequel
1. Prizes – What Irish writer/playwright was awarded an Academy Award for best screenplay in 1939 and a Nobel Prize in literature in 1925?
2. Cocktails – According to the International Bartender’s Association, a Mai Tai contains what type of liquor as its primary alcoholic component?
3. Hockey Teams – In what west coast city will the newest NHL team be located for its debut 2021-2022 season?
4. ’90s Movies – What 1996 film set on Alcatraz starred both Sean Connery and Nicolas Cage?
5. Netflix – What Netflix original series premiering in 2018 was created by Matt Groening with its plot centering on the adventures of a drunken princess, an elf and a demon?
6. Country Names – Of the seven Asian nations ending in “stan,” which one comes second alphabetically?
7. Royalty – As of March, 2020, who is fifth in line for the British throne behind Queen Elizabeth II?
8. Video Games – In what adventure arcade game launched in 1985 does the antagonist taunt players by saying things like “Beware, I live” and “Run, coward?”
9. War – The Spanish Flu epidemic started around the end of what major war?
10. Alter Egos – Oliver Queen is what superhero’s real name?
Sorry…no second mystery round for this game!
Though best known for books written for children and young adults, what American author has also written books called Wifey, Just as Long As We’re Together and Summer Sisters?