Editor’s note: This is part of a series of trivia question sets I’m writing to help fill the trivia void left by local pub trivia companies having to cease operations during this COVID-19 crisis time. Answers will be provided in the comments. There will be two rounds of 10 questions each, two mystery rounds (no “visual” mystery round) and one final question. Hope you have fun!
Just to ensure there is a good category mix, all of these categories mirror categories from a fairly recent Sporcle Live game (or are very, very similar). So these aren’t questions involving things “only I would know,” LOL!
1. Toys – What toy company was founded in 1932 in Billund, Denmark?
2. Cooking – What type of “savory” pie is typically made with ground meat, pie pastry and mashed potatoes on top?
3. Animé – What animé series – which originally aired from 1997 to 1998 – followed the adventures of a group of space bounty hunters?
4. Rap Songs – The 2013 Eminem song “So Far” contains samples of a 1978 song called “Life’s Been Good” recorded by what solo artist?
5. 2010s Films – Name one of the two “Star Wars” films released since 2015 that did NOT finish in either the top spot or second highest spot for the year for domestic grosses? One was released in 2018, the other in 2019 (please be specific with the titles).
6. World Cities – Aside from the capital city Berlin, name any one of the other German cities among the top 10 of its most populous cities in the country. Name two for a bonus point.
7. Fonts – In typography, what is the five-letter name for a small line or stroke regularly attached to the end of a larger stroke in a letter or symbol?
8. Restaurants – What worldwide restaurant chain, founded in 1971, is currently owned by the Seminole Tribe of Florida?
9. Novelists – What American writer’s published works include Get Shorty, Out of Sight and Mr. Majestyk? He also wrote the short story 3:10 to Yuma (pictured).
10. Racing – What French city is the site of an annual 24-hour long endurance car race – and was featured in the 2019 film Ford Vs. Ferrari?
Mystery – Current Events
M1 – What 2019 box office bomb was recently awarded several Golden Raspberry “Razzie” awards including Worst picture, worst supporting actress and actor for Rebel Wilson and James Corden – among others?
M2 – Researchers in Russia recently found a “house” made of the bones of what extinct animal?
M3 – What TV show – currently airing its 45th season – recently announced it would suspend production of new episodes because of the coronavirus?
M4 – What six-time Super Bowl winning NFL quarterback announced he would be leaving his team in an Instagram post?
1. ’80s Films – Ogre, Booger, Wormser and Lewis are all characters in what 1984 comedy film?
2. Religion – What polytheistic Afro-American religion was developed in Cuba between the 16th and 19th centuries?
3. Artists – What Norwegian painter’s most famous work is The Scream?
4. Irish Music – Though not an Irish band, what American band specializing in “Celtic rock” was founded in Quincy, MA in 1996? One of their singles, “I’m Shipping Up to Boston” was featured in the 2006 Oscar winning film The Departed.
5. Forests – What 894,836-acre area of national forest land in Michigan’s Upper Peninsula shares its name with a character in a Henry Wadsworth Longfellow poem?
6. NBA Players – What retired NBA player was nicknamed “The Mailman?”
7. Human Body – What part of the body is affected by pain associated with plantar fasciitis?
8. TV Jobs – Julius Hibbert performs what specific job on the TV series “The Simpsons?” Bonus, what real-life TV character is he a parody of?
9. Video Games – What arcade game launched in 1982 features a character named Peter Pepper?
10. Trials – During which century did the Salem Witch Trials occur?
Mystery – Rabbits – Give the names of the LITERARY WORKS (or films/TV shows) in which you would find the following rabbits (do not name the rabbits themselves):
Final Category – 2010s Animated TV
What animated TV series debuting in 2014 was the first series to be produced by Warner Bros. Animation for Adult Swim? The title character is a real-life person.