What I’m going to do here is take a “guess” as to how another solo player from a rival team fared on the questions from Wednesday’s Sporcle Live trivia game based on what I know about what they know! Keep in mind this is ALL speculation! Now let’s move on to this “pretend game recap!”
You could have LOTS of fun with the “What If?” machine on Futurama!
1. Stars – In 2018, what animated rodent received a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame – 40 years after her significant other received that honor? Hit for 10
2. Fruit – What is the name for the yellowish red cherry that shares its name with the 17th highest mountain in the United States? I’m going to say they got this for a cautious bet of 4.
3. NBA – Within two, in what year was the most recent NBA lockout, which lasted 161 days and reduced the season from 82 games to 66? Correct guess for 5 (I don’t think this player is super confident in NBA).
4. Trilogies – What 2003 film follows El Mariachi and Desperado in Robert Rodriguez’ “Mexico Trilogy?” I’m guessing a miss for 1.
5. Stocks – What 10-letter word beginning with Q does the Q in NASDAQ stand for? Miss for 3. I’m guessing they got this for 9.
6. Miniseries – Day of Days, The Last Patrol and Why We Fight are episode titles in what HBO miniseries that aired in 2001? Hard to say..I’m guessing a hit but not confident – for 2.
7. ’90s Albums – A 1993 album by Sheryl Crowe has what day of the week in its title, which was the day of the week when work was done on the album? I’m guessing a miss here for 3.
8. Books – Writer Jon Krakauer wrote two books in the 1990s with titles beginning with the word “Into,” name one of those books – both for a “nerd” bonus. I’m guessing a hit here for 8.
9. Crossings – Which road crossing from New Jersey to Manhattan is NOT named for a U.S. president? I’m guessing a hit here for 7.
10. Founding Fathers – What founding father worked in the family malt house as a young man and also served as the fourth governor of Massachusetts? Hit for 6.
Mystery – Anagrams
Answers will be subtitles in Marvel Cinematic Universe movies.
M1 – Old Wiser Thirteen
M2 – Echoing Mom
M3 – Held Work Dart
M4 – True Fan Logo
This player got them all, plus the newsletter answer, so I’m guessing 62 points heading into the final.
Final Category – Memoirs
Who wrote the memoir Dirty Sexy Politics, which recounts the author’s experiences while campaigning for a family member during the 2008 U.S. presidential election?
If I had to guess, I’d say this player knew this and wagered it all, 82 points heading into game two.
1. Landmarks – The “Spanish Steps” landmark is not located in Spain, but in what other country? I’m going to say they knew this because they’ve probably had this question before, but they probably didn’t go more than 5 on it.
2. Hit Singles – Audio clip of four different artists performing songs with the lyrics “Ain’t no cure for the summertime blues,” had to ID at least one of them…I’m guessing a big nope for 1.
3. Outer Space – What fairy tale character’s name describes the astrobiology term for the orbital region around a star? Tough call. But I’m guessing a miss for 2.
4. Cartoons – What are the first names of the Russian spy characters who appeared on Bullwinkle cartoons from 1959 to 1964 (and in reruns after that)? Hit for 10.
5. Governors – Who was the first two-term governor of Florida, serving in the past 20 years? Hit for 9 for this player (I’d be willing to bet money on this player knowing this answer).
6. Movie Characters – Thorny, Rabbit, Mac and Farva are main characters in what 2001 movie and its 2018 sequel? Knowing what I know about this player – unless they really, really follow my blog (LOL) is they missed this for 3. But I’m going to give them the benefit of the doubt and say they got this for 6.
7. Scoring – What is the three-letter rugby term equivalent to a touchdown? I’m calling for a miss for 3. This is a deep cut.
8. Video Games – What survival horror video game series features Harry Mason searching for his adopted daughter in a mysterious town that gives the video game series its name? FB clue, 8.
9. Cereal – What is the color of Cornelius the rooster on boxes of corn flakes? I’d guess a hit for 4.
10. Paintings- Who was the subject of the unfinished 1796 Aetheneum Portrait, later used as an image on U.S. currency? A “hit” for 7 is my guess.
Visual Mystery –
I’m guessing they did the same as I did and got six points out of this round. 57 points heading into the final.
Final Category – 2000s Songs
Since 2000, five solo women artists have released albums that produced at least three #1 singles on the Billboard Hot 100 chart. Who was the first of those five to achieve this feat, doing so with her 2006 studio album.
I’m guessing this player wagered it all and missed (I think this is a fairly strong category for them). 119 points after wagers total.
Hmmm, I wonder how I did with my guesses? I’ll never know! But it was fun doing this “pretend recap!”