I’ll keep this short ‘n sweet. I’ve already done a couple of posts about my New Year’s resolution to take more walks.
So what did my Sandisk mp3 player select for me to listen to on my walk today (that I didn’t wind up skipping)?
- Gimme Three Steps, Lynyrd Skynyrd (good one to start the walk)
- Ceremony, New Order (I never seem to skip New Order songs when I’m out for a walk)
- I Ran, Flock of Seagulls (I almost skipped because of the long intro, but glad I decide to stick with it)
- You Make Loving Fun, Fleetwood Mac (Christine McVie is so underrated as a singer – Stevie Nicks got ALL of the attention)
- Tuesday’s Dead, Cat Stevens (any song from his Teaser and the Firecat album is essentially pure perfection)
- Afternoon Delight, Starland Vocal Band (This song about afternoon sex absolutely “delighted” me when I was 4, LOL)
- King of Pain, the Police (normally I’d skip over this in my car, but it hit the spot on a walk for some reason…probably because of the strong rhythmic beat throughout the song).
Walk was only a half hour today, about 1.5 miles. Hey…I’m DOING the bare minimum! And it was cold…and I have laundry to do today (excuses, excuses)! If I’m feeling perky enough in the morning before my dental appointment, I’ll take another short walk! Please note the qualifying words “If I’m feeling perky enough.”