Happy birthday today to my friend and trivia teammate Dave! In honor of that momentous occasion, here are some trivia questions especially tailored for him and his brain… Let’s see how much you know about stuff Dave knows! Answers will be revealed in the comments.
Dave and I at the Wheatland Music Festival in Remus, MI, 2000. Whatever happens at Wheatland, stays at Wheatland…unless it winds up in my blog almost 20 years later! This is a staged photo, I have no idea what I’m using to “pretend” smack him in the ass. Day drinking never leads to anything good!
1. Song Lyrics – In the Beastie Boys song No Sleep ‘Til Brooklyn, which Beastie Boys member is being spoken to in the line, “Get on the mic, my man?”
2. Theme songs – From what ABC series, which ran from 1981 to 1983, would you find these lyrics in its theme song?
Just like a light of a new day,
It hit me from out of the blue.
Breaking me out of the spell I was in,
Making all of my wishes come true?
3. Band Members – Besides Bret Michaels, name any other members of the glam-rock band Poison.
4. What substance is represented by this chemical formula? C2H5OH?
5. Song Lyrics – In the Warren Zevon song Werewolf of London, what cocktail is the werewolf seen drinking – and where is he drinking it?
6. Billboard Hits – The Poison song Every Rose Has Its Thorn was the band’s only #1 hit. Name any one of their five other top 10 hits on the Billboard Hot 100 charts.
7. Song Lyrics – In the Beastie Boys song Rhymin’ And Stealin’, what potent potable follows the line “Yo ho ho and a bottle of (blank)?” For an extra “nerd” bonus, what is this potent potable’s main ingredients?
8. Beer – If Dave is ordering a craft beer, what style is he most likely to choose? Multiple choice – Lager, amber, saison or IPA?
9. Movies – What 1985 Robert DeNiro film is one of Dave’s favorite movies? Multiple choice – Scarface, The Mission, The King of Comedy or Midnight Run?
10. Movie Quotes – In which 1990 Sam Raimi film does the title character say while in a rage, “Take the f—ing elephant?” Bonus, what actor plays this character?
11. Of the 24 Major League Baseball pitchers who have at least 300 wins, five of them pitched their last game in the MLB in the 1980s. Name any one of those pitchers.