Han Solo looking super hot before he kills Greedo, lol…
Here’s the question set from the Sporcle Live Star Wars theme night Monday at ABC Brewing Co. Ypsilanti. Mike played along casually, I’ll indicate “yup” or “nope” as to whether he/we knew these (this was pretty much all him or nothing, lol…:
1. Under Dooku, the Separatist Alliance was based on what planet?
2. In “The Force Awakens,” what member of royalty hired Han Solo to collect and transport three Raftars for his personal zoo? Miss.
3. First introduced in “Return of the Jedi, what is the name of the small, fast, wedge-shaped starfighters used by the rebels in the Battle for Endor? Yup.
4. Chirrut Imwe was a member of what spirit warrior monks? Miss.
5. In “A New Hope,” Uncle Owen tells Luke to take R2D2 to what city to get his memory erased? Miss.
6. What peaceful and intelligent sentient species have hairless dome-shaped heads and black glassy eyes that lack eyelids – the Mos Eisley Cantina band is made up entirely of members of this species. This is probably one of the only ones I would have known on my own from this set! If I ever get around to writing Star Wars fan fiction, I have a great idea for this species – a whole “battle of the bands” scenario and I would call it “Revenge of the (blank).”
7. In “The Empire Strikes Back,” when Han Solo is attempting to repair the hyperdrive motivator, what tool did he ask Chewbacca to bring him? Yup.
8. What is the specific to-word name for the vast stretch of desert on Tattooine that houses Jabba’s palace? Yup.
9. What is the name of General Grievous’ Providence class starship that was “crawling with vulture droids?” Nope.
10.. What call sign was used by Luke during the Battle of Yavin? Yup.
Mystery – C3P0 quotes – Identify the movie in which these quotes are uttered.
1. “This is madness.”
2.. “You know I think I’m getting the hang of this flying business.”
3. “I beg your pardon, but what do you mean ‘naked?'”
4. “What’s all this – a battle? I’m programmed for etiquette, not destruction.”
Mike didn’t know any of these.
Scores: Sixteen teams, scores 10 to 63 with Skywalker Texas Ranger in first. Some of the other team names included Dude Where’s My Tauntaun, Let the Wookiee Win, Don’t Forget to Strip Your Wookiee, Young, Dumb and Full of Rebel Scum, Cloud City DJs, Scruffy Looking Nerf Herders, Long Shot on the Dark Side, Alderaan Survivor’s Club, These are Not The Answers You’re Looking for. Had we played, we would have either been “Revenge of the Bith” or “Boshuda, Bitches.”
Joke answers I filled in: Witch Dr. Ewok, John Ratzenberger (Cliff Clavin), Dr. Manhattan, Terence Stamp, Constipated Alien, Jean-Luc Picard, Porkins, and that chick from “12 Years a Slave” (Lupita Longwo, sp(?) Good news is one of these is right and we didn’t actually play!
1. The Gungan High Council is made up of how many members? Miss.
2. Name four of the six bounty hunters hired by Darth Vader to find the Millennium Falcon in “The Empire Strikes Back?” Mike has most of these as action figures, so yup…
3. The only time Han Solo is seen using a light saber is he uses it to perform what action? Yup.
4. In “Rogue One,” what was the name of the planet where Erso was killed? Miss.
5. Whose dying words were, “I’m so sorry I failed you, Senator?” Miss.
6. The Imperial class star destroyer was the standard star destroyer employed by the Galactic Empire. Give the class of either its predecessor – used by the Republic – or its successor, used by the First Order? Miss.
7. During the Clone Wars, who became the leader of Mandalore after leading the overthrowing of the pacifist government? Miss.
8. What crystals are used by both Jedi and Sith in the construction of the light saber? Miss.
9. What Star Wars Legends character was introduced in the video game “Dark Forces” and popularized in the “Jedi Knight” series and was a former storm trooper who became a Jedi during the New Republic era? Nope.
10. As seen in “The Last Jedi” trailer, what is the name for the small beakless puffin-like bird with giant round eyes? Nope.
Mystery – Name the Jedi
1. Oversaw the Republic Invasion of Mugeeto wit the Galactic Marines under his command
2. Twi’ lek Jedi master who was killed on Felucia after Chancellor Palpatine issued Order 66
3. Commander of 104th Battalion during the Clone Wars
4. Died after being stabbed in the torso by Darth Maul
Mike got one of these correct.
Scores: Skywalker Texas Ranger continued to lead the pack with 124 points going into the final, with Alderaan Survivors Club right behind them with 114 points.
Final Category – Quotes
With minor variations, the sentence “I’ve got a bad feeling about this” has been uttered in every live action “Star Wars” movie to date. Name six of the seven characters across those movies who have said this.
Only came up with four.
Final scores: Alderaan Survivors Club, 144 ($50); Skywalker Texas Ranger, 145 ($150).