Just for fun, here’s a set of trivia questions we’ve concocted on our own, based on recent conversations, recent related trivia questions, and just random stuff that pops into our heads. Have fun!
1. Singers – How did singer Jim Croce die? Multiple choice – a. car accident, b. plane crash c. suicide d. drug overdose?
2. Directors – Film director Roman Polanski has had three films nominated for the Oscar for best picture. Name two of those three, name all three for an extra “nerd” bonus.
3. Food – What word, which is a hybrid of German and French, describes a food shop commonly found in New York City, and roughly translates to “delicious things to eat?”
4. Comic Book Characters – How did Casper the Friendly Ghost meet his demise (according to the comic books)? Multiple choice – a. suicide b. murder c. illness d. accident?
5. Band Members – Which deceased member of the Beastie Boys recently had a memorial to him vandalized with swastikas and pro Trump graffiti? Nickname or “real” name acceptable.
6. Actresses – Actress Jennifer Coolidge played what seductive character in the “American Pie” movie series?
7. World Capitals – Port Moresby is the capital of what Oceania nation, whose name begins with the same letter?
8. TV Characters – What popular ’70s TV character did Family Guy’s Peter Griffin dedicate a church to in one episode?
9. Comic Strip Characters – What is the name of Linus and Lucy’s seldom seen younger brother, who shares his name with a character on the ’70s TV show “What’s Happening?”
10. High-grossing movies – Name two high-grossing films starring Will Smith whose titles contain the pronoun “I.” One was released in 2007, one released in 2004.
Final question: There are four counties in the state of Michigan that share their names with counties in Ireland. Name all four of them.