Blowing seven points on a question about scaly animals didn’t put us in any kind of position to win any trivia contests on a recent Thursday night! Sure, it was only a no-stakes virtual trivia game, but ouch! Where’s mom with the peroxide and a fresh Band-Aid when you need her along with a “there, there?” Or maybe a “poor baby,” which was (and is) my mom’s go-to platitude doled out for a variety of physical ailments! Sadly, mama can’t soothe those wounds inflicted upon your ego when you have a bad trivia game!
Who knew there were so many different types of scaly animals that aren’t reptiles? And nocturnal ones at that! Not us, apparently! 🙂
Here were the non-scaly animals questions we battled in that game:
Round One –
|1 Slang – What five-letter internet slang term may also refer to either a creature of Scandinavian folklore or a fishing technique?|
2. Animals – Four-toed, long-eared, and desert are among the species of what spiny, nocturnal mammal, which is able to roll itself into a ball to defend itself?
3. Beer – Other than China and the United States, name one of the next two countries that produced more beer than Germany in 2021.NERD POINT: Name both.
We were very bummed to have missed this. We were SO sure of Czech Republic! Didn’t they have a beer surplus when the pandemic hit and pubs were closed or something? Good thing beer helps soothe these blows to the trivia ego!
4. Voices – What animal character is voiced by Liam Neeson in films that were released in 2005, 2008, and 2010?
Mystery Round One –
Round Two –
5. Baseball Firsts – In 2022, Olivia Pichardo became the first woman player in Division I baseball history when she joined the team at what Ivy League university following walk-on tryouts? We picked an Ivy League school, but not the right one, miss.
6 World Geography – What geographic region makes up roughly three-quarters of Russia’s total area, but contains only about one-quarter of its population?
7. Hit Songs – Since “All About That Bass” reached #1 on the Billboard Hot 100 in 2014, Meghan Trainor has had three other top 10 songs. Name two of those three songs. We decided to get cute and put down “All about that Cello” and “All About that Viola” for our other guesses since we don’t know anything about this singer. Miss…
8. World Leaders – From 2013–2017, Park Geun-hye served as president of what country, before being impeached and removed from office?
Mystery Round Two –
We were in seventh going into the final with ??? points.
Final Category – Snowfall
The seven snowiest cities in the U.S. with a population above 50,000 are located in just five different states.
Name three of those five states.
(Note: Based on 30-year climatological averages [1991–2020] from the NOAA.)
You’d think that because we live in a pretty darn snowy state (Michigan), this would be a home run. NOPE! We got only one of these correct.
We’ll be taking a few days off from trivial pursuits, and will (drum roll) possibly go out for another live game next week! Since my schedule permits – let’s hope weather does too! How about this weather, eh?
As always, Go Pods, and stay classy, Liam Neeson!
One thought on “Trivia Recap – Game # 739 – December 22, 2022 – Virtual Sporcle “Pub Quiz” Format”
round one –
troll, hedgehog, brazil/mexico; aslan
round two –
brown, siberia, who cares (i didn’t write down the correct songs), south korea
mystery one –
26, 7, 23, 31
mystery two –
community, curb your enthusiasm, how i met your mother, boy meets world
final – alaska, arizona, colorado, ny, pennsylvania