We only managed to get three regular round questions correct in a recent virtual Stump! trivia game, which sent me immediately to making a meme about the experience, which took about 30 seconds (I got a meme guy):
Why yes, there was such a game: https://hebontheweb.blog/2017/01/02/trivia-recap-july-19-2016-maiz-mexican-cantina/
1) Museums – What French museum is home to the Venus de Milo, the Winged Victory of Samothrace, and the Mona Lisa?
2) Funny TV – Name one of the two TV shows that have won the Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Comedy Series in five consecutive years, both of which debuted in the last 30 years.
NERD POINT: Name both.
3) Video Games – Released in February 2022, what video game, co-written by George R. R. Martin, earned the Most Anticipated Game
4) Slogans – What airline, based in Nevada, has used the slogans “Together we fly” and “Travel is our deal,” and features airplanes with a sunburst on their tails? UGH AIRLINE QUESTIONS! Almost as much of a trivia game killer as the dreaded WNBA questions (amirite folks)!
5) Recent Albums – Who released the album Good Morning Gorgeous in February 2022, which includes a single of the same name that reached the Billboard Hot 100?
6) Conferences – Which current Big 10 Conference university was a founding member of the Atlantic Coast Conference (ACC) in 1952?
7) Authors In 1921, who became the first woman to win a Pulitzer Prize, for her novel The Age of Innocence? Facebook host clue, but we didn’t need the help on this one. Maybe one day I’ll try to sit through this movie! All apologies to my husband, who still has such a crush on Winona Ryder – she may be absolutely gorgeous in period costumes, but even costumes can’t disguise the fact that she isn’t a great actor. Again, sorry, dear husband! I love her as much as you do (OK, maybe not THAT much)! But for me, the gas pumping scene involving Ryder in Reality Bites makes me question my shaky CIS female sexuality:
8) Deserts – The Chihuahuan Desert, Sonoran Desert and Mojave Desert all have portions in which Southwestern U.S. state? Amazingly we picked the right state.
We were four spots from the bottom with 37 points heading into the final. Amazing there were teams that did worse than us!
Final Category – Women in Politics
Name one of the three U.S. states that are currently led by a woman governor who began serving in that role in 2017 or earlier.
Miss, we went with Kristi Noem, who became governor after this timeframe. Also we were supposed to have put a state, not a person – but we wagered zero on this category so…no big?
The top teams had this tiebreaker to rassle with:
Tiebreaker: In what year did Miriam Ferguson become the first woman to be elected to a second term as governor of a U.S. state?
Had we been playing, my first guess would have been within just a few years of the correct guess. But since I thought that was way too early for a woman to be in that position of power (good old cynical me), my actual guess was way too late. Buuuut since this wasn’t our tiebreaker – who gives a f—?
We may do a virtual game tonight, haven’t decided that yet.
As always, Go Pods, and stay classy, Newland (played by Daniel Day-Lewis) in The Age of Innocence! You had a tough job trying to choose between Michelle Pfeiffer and Winona Ryder!